Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out on the water today with a couple of friends and we caught 18 of the best eating crabs around, Dungeness Crab, got home boiled them up and made a pig out of myself!
We use ring nets to catch them and that is the fun part, well not quite as much fun as it is to eat them! How far do you live from an airport? I could try to send some out for you and Karen to try. Later
ducHunter
:D :D :D

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
My office is 40 minutes from Philly International.
I've had Dungeness crab before. In my prior life and in my prior company, Washington Mutual Savings & Loan was our largest customer and I used to make lots or trips in and out to Seatac & Seattle...and I used to eat Dungeness crab every trip.

Thanks for the offer, but please do't go out of your way on my account. The way my work-weeks have been going I'm lucky to leave work before 8 PM each night anyway.

Next time Karen and I go for crabs, we're going to take some pics of the meal for you guys...

:) - jeff

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
I had crabs before,,,, man did they itch...............

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
obnoxus...

If you get them again, just pour gas on them and light it....when they go running you should stab them with an ice pick. I guarentee you'lll never get them again after this treatment.

- jeff

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Or anything else for that matter !!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No problem Jeff, if you feel the need for some Dung's let me know and I will arange to get some for you! :)

·
Premium Member
7,061 Posts
JEFFJ said:
My office is 40 minutes from Philly International.
Thanks for the offer, but please do't go out of your way on my account. The way my work-weeks have been going I'm lucky to leave work before 8 PM each night anyway.
:) - jeff
Hey, I'm 40 minutes from the airport, too, and I've never had Dungeness crabs... are they good?

Duchunter, thanks for the offer! :D Have you ever had Maryland blue crabs... if so how do the Dungeness compare? Do you season them like we do here with Old Bay or black pepper? MMm-mmm, I'm gettin' the urge just thinkin' about 'em!!! :p:

·
Premium Member
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Greeneyedbeacher,
After we catch them we cook them whole, or some times we clean them first, in salt water and then clean, crack and eat, They weigh on average weigh about a 1 1/2 to 2 pounds
I have gone to some restaurants that offer all you can eat and can usually eat 3 to 6 crabs on a good night depending on how much beer. I also like to dip them in garlic butter. The popular way is too make crab cake which a pan fried, crab salad, and one of my favorite ways to eat them in the morning is in an omelette. Damn now I hungry for crabs. Next time I go out to catch some I will take photos.

·
Premium Member
7,061 Posts
That doesn't sound too far off from what we do with blue crabs... of course if you find a 2 lb blue crab, you'd be in Heaven!

We steam ours in a large pot with Old Bay or black pepper seasoning poured on top so that the salt and spices cook right in. Then you have to have extra Old Bay on the table for dipping the sweet meat into before it hits your tongue. You have to be careful of cuts on your fingers because the seasoning can really sting, but Oh Baby - all the better for drinking beer! Some people like to dip the meat in butter or vinegar (yuck!), but I prefer them with extra seasoning. If we get larges or jumbos (5-7" across), then the max I can eat is 5... I can put away about 10 smalls, but they're not usually worth the trouble for the amount of meat you get out of them. The crabs we've had so far this season aren't local blue crabs yet, but they will be soon... we had to manuver the boat through a few crab pot mine fields on Sunday, so the local crab season has begun. YUM!

Definitely post pics and we'll do the same. If you're interested in some MD blue crabs, let us know.

·
Premium Member
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
stuchamp said:
thats got to be the most sexual recipe I ever read ! :laugher: :laugher:
Stu,
You are right, food can be SEXUAL!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts