Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I`m looking at buying a house at lake Texoma for full-time residence. I`m liking the Pottsboro area. I looked at a couple houses yesterday - one in Simmons Shores and one in Cambridge Shores.

What advice can you give about the lake and the area ?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Donman,
Send me a PM and I will hook you up with a good realtor.
My neighbor on the boathouse is a realtor in the Texoma area.
Shows houses and property all the time.
The area is "hot" because of the extension to Preston Rd.
Abouttime

·
Premium Member
12,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Abouttime said:
Donman,
Send me a PM and I will hook you up with a good realtor.
Mike,
Thanks for the contact info. I spoke with Lynn today and she will be showing us several homes this Saturday. She also gave me the number to a great mortgage lender in Plano. He has been very helpful. I`m filling out the loan application right now. :)

Thanks for your help !

Lynn says if I buy a house from her, she will buy you a beer ! :laugher:

·
Premium Member
12,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jus Truckin said:
Donnie,I thought you were paying cash for the new house..Did you already sell your place in Wichita Falls?
Hey Scott. Yea, we sold our house in Wichita Falls. I need a little help buying a place at Texoma. I just don`t have that kind of dinero laying around, if you know what I mean. Wait - you wouldn`t understand that. :D :D

The best part is that we will be full-time residents at Texoma. We are working out the job details right now.

You`ll need to quit that PK thinking and bring your beak boat up to where the big boys play. :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Donnie,
If you are at Texoma on Saturday come by the BH #26.
At Eisenhower Yacht Club.
We will be back from the beach about 4pm.
Aboutime

·
Premium Member
12,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Abouttime said:
Donnie,
Aboutime
Thanks for the invite. We may be busy all day looking at houses, but I`ll try to swing by. :)

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Don, I just sent your mortgage company a link to your pay raise thread. They thanked me and stated it would help them determine your mortagae rate and pre-approval amount. I try and help where I can :D

·
Premium Member
12,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mr. Demeanor said:
Don, I just sent your mortgage company a link to your pay raise thread. They thanked me and stated it would help them determine your mortagae rate and pre-approval amount. I try and help where I can :D
I really appreciate that Chris. I had already reported my wages at $5.85. Thanks for the heads up. That .70 should help out. :bigsmile:

·
Premium Member
12,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Abouttime said:
Donnie,
Aboutime

Hey Mike.
Lynn was great. I don`t know if you spoke with her or not, but I was not in good shape Friday or Saturday. My wife and son viewed all of the houses with Lynn on Saturday. I did get to look at the top 4 contenders on Sunday. I spent Friday A.M. in the ER and then had to go back to the ER Saturday after lunch. Damn kidney stones. :confused1 Doctor says I have 4 in the kidney and one trying to make it`s way to the bladder. Pain meds are good ! :D
Thanks for recommending Lynn. She has helped a lot. I think we have picked out a house, just need to start the process now. :)

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Been there with the stones not long ago. Pain meds and lots of water. Did they give you a strainer to catch the little bastids? If you take one in they can tell you if the rest can be broken up and passed painlessly.
Hope your feeling better!

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Sorry to hear about the kidney stones... heard they are just as bad or if not worse than birthing a baby.

New house... COOOOOL Good luck on the house hunting!

p.s. Hi Cheryl and Dillon *waves*

p.s. are you done posting photos from your Florida trip. Was looking forward the the dollar bill picture.

·
Premium Member
12,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
tampaboatersgirl said:
p.s. are you done posting photos from your Florida trip. Was looking forward the the dollar bill picture.
I took that pic with my phone and I don`t know how to get it on the puter .... :confused:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Donman
Hope you are feeling better
Great house, hope the deal goes thru for you
Am sending a PM with our contact information
When you have chance call or stop by we will give the family a tour of the east end of the lake
AboutTime

1 - 17 of 17 Posts