Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Karen and I saw a 32 Skater Yesterday named Tom Cat with a BIG Grumman F-14 Tom Cat Fighter Jet painted on the side.

It was very cool looking....

Was that your paint job ????

·
Registered
198 Posts
Jeff,
Questions for you. You know the tug boat yard on the canal. They have no wake signs posted. I called the DNR last year to try and confirm if you need to go slow or not. They would not commit. I always slow down there but almost always get run over by other boats. I look at as I don't have to pay their ticket. What is your take or what do you do?

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did not see the NO WAKE sign this weekend.
I never slow down there.....

how much is the fine anyway????

:)

·
Premium Member
7,061 Posts
I didn't notice the sign last season, but I did see it our first time out this spring. It's so far over to the left and so small that it looks as if it only applies to boats heading into that boat yard. I haven't noticed boats slowing down that far out, but maybe they've already slowed down by the time Jeff blows by them. :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
JEFFJ said:
Karen and I saw a 32 Skater Yesterday named Tom Cat with a BIG Grumman F-14 Tom Cat Fighter Jet painted on the side.

It was very cool looking....

Was that your paint job ????
No, The paint scheme was by Dean Loucks (TAOD). He is responsible for most of the high end work out of Skater. He's extraordinarily talented. I saw the scheme in process at the factory when I was having a lunch with Peter Hledin. It was really cool.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts