Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Karen and I were out on the boat this weekend and we spent a bit of time examining all of the lines of the boat and the contour of the moldings etc....

Did Sunsation hire a professional design firm to come up with the overall look of the boat when designing the 28 and 32. We took a close look at a few other boats yesterday afternoon at Offshore Performance in Grasonville, MD. They had a bunch high-ticket performance boats sitting around and the lines on the 288 are (in our humble opinion) much nicer and more visually appealing.

I realize that looks are subjective.

Maybe karen and I just have unique tastes but even the really high dollar boat have very squared off and hard lines in and outside the boat. It seems like manufacturers are moving to more flowing and smoother styling nowadays as evidenced by changes in the Sonic and Cigarette lines and in our opinion you guys are ahead of the curve.

- jeff

·
Registered
70,399 Posts
Jeff,

You and Karen have keen eyes. Wayne & Joe did all the tooling, Wayne mostly, Joe just kept the floor swept. But Wayne has an incrediable talent in designs and lines and the functions after. Someone will have to show me another line of boats that have their tooling concaved for and aft and port and starboard for added strength (like under a bridge) and make it all look great. The new 32 Innovator as well as the upcoming SS396 will be better than ever. Thanks for the compliment, I'll pass it along to Wayne.

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If your SS396 turns out to be 1/100th the classic that this bad boy below is; you'll be in the High Performance Boating Hall of Fame....

GREAT NAME!!!!

of course you'd better be careful - there are those who will accuse you of "stealing" the name :)

and whatever you do....don't call it a "fastboat" dot anything or then you definately will be accused of stealing the name - haha!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no... I wish...
when Karen was out looking for a convertible I was trying to get her to buy a 66 mustang GT convertible with a 271HP/289.... no luck,,,

·
Premium Member
18,074 Posts
That would have made a nice collectible !
The wife and I had a pair of mustangs (71 coupe and 72 Mach 1) with matching paint.
I used to take a lot of crap for driving Fords when I started working at the Chevy garage, but made up for by building a 55 Chev and a 66 Chevelle. Had a lot of each over the years !
:D

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If my drug tattered memory serves me correctly it may have been the Chevelle SS396.

But hey - what do I know anyway.... I drive a Ford Truck!

in any event, the SS396 is an awesome name for what will assuredly be another awsome boat from you guys....

:)

·
Registered
70,399 Posts
If I run into name concerns with SS396, maybe we'll try "JJ396", after no other than Jeff Jennings hisself.:D

You think we'll have concerns there?

·
Premium Member
7,061 Posts
Oh, no - Jeff and I were just talking about his 'healthy' self-image... naming a boat after him would make him absolutely impossible to live with!;) :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NOT WITH ME...

maybe we should put it to a vote....

I kind of like the that name:
The Sunsation JJ396

I'd even place an order for the first one....

how's that????

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
You guys are too funny:laugher: :laugher:

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
I could see that in my garage !!

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
( something to mess with when im out there in trouble !!!! )

1 - 18 of 18 Posts