Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed a fuel leak coming from my carb last Sunday further inspection found it to be coming from where the fuel line connects to carb. I tried tightening but then stripped out the threads on inside of carb :angry1: . Dont know much about carbs so need help first off what part is this. And where can I get it locally.

Attachments

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Im pointing at what seems to be a cover, on the inside there are threads from a seperate componet thats what I stripped. How do I replace this?

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Also check your local speed and or engine building shops. Any motor head is going to have an old carb laying around. :D

Oh and don't forget to adjust your fuel level after replacing the bowl.

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
I can't help with the part search because I haven't "been there" ..... yet :rolleyes:

But, My 4150 leaked at the same spot at one time. There was what appeared to be an aluminum washer where the fuel line/nut met the bowl. I replaced it with a nylon washer, and no more leak.

·
Stokers Rule
4,387 Posts
The fuel bowl could be found separately as was mentioned but be sure to get the thin washer/seal that goes behind the fuel inlet fitting.
When it tightens for sealing the large fitting should only make a good compression on the ring and not be a grunting, butt pucker tight. :bigsmile:

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok now we`re gettin somewhere :). It does have an aluminum washer on it I`ll get a nylon one. I unbolted the bowl from the carb but it doesnt want to come off still I didnt want to force it either. How do I take off the old one?

·
Stokers Rule
4,387 Posts
Use a wooden block or the handle of a hammer and tap progressively till the gasket breaks loose. You will definately need a new bowl gasket too.

Tap in the area toward the end of the bowl where the screws go in, but don't crush anything.

good luck

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
Like aqua says tap progressivly, and gently, and new gaskets.

BTW ..... Holley makes re-usable gaskets for the bowls. I'm pretty sure Jeggs, Summit, ect., or a local speed shop would have them. They are handy to have ;)

·
Stokers Rule
4,387 Posts
Any time.............this is easy, we are just rattling the keys but you are doing the hard work :bigsmile:

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Thunderman Im over in West Mich thanks for the offer my local napa guy tracked down a new bowl so Im good to go :D . Gonna through it in this afternoon and make it out to Coast Guard Festival :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts