Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know much about a setting up web sites, but if it is possible (since its boating season) if there is a way to put something up that says who is boating that day and where. Sort of like the "who's online". I know I log on before I take off for the water, just to see if anyone here is out somewhere to try and meet up. Just a thought...........:cool:

·
Registered
250 Posts
We could use a GPS based tracking system like a trucking company:D

I was out today-it was sooooo good:cool: Even got a little sun on my bald head:cool:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Funny comment about the GPS and NASA!!

I think he might be referring to something we have on our club site, but it's unfortunately not used very often. It's a forum for called "Raft Ups", but it's really a "Where are you going to be today??" forum. Picture this:

You get up on Sunday AM, grab a cup of coffee and fire up your link to the site. The forum already lists 2 members heading for Fairlee Creek to meet on the beach and either cell phone numbers or VHF handles. So that was the thought when I put it together, perhaps it would work for the Houston crowd. The Baltimore crowd is still trying to figure out how to spell the word "c-o-m-p-u-t-e-r" :D

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
that would be kind of neat! But like you said, it would only work if everyone got there butts online and put in the info. Neat concept:D

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
hey Paul, we would need to check the satalites capability for woking under water for your boats though !!!:D :laugher:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Keith said:
"Raft Ups", but it's really a "Where are you going to be today??" forum. Picture this:

The forum already lists 2 members heading for Fairlee Creek to meet on the beach and either cell phone numbers or VHF handles. So that was the thought when I put it together, perhaps it would work for the Houston crowd. :D [/B]
Now, THAT"S what we're talking about!!

:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts