Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dredgeking,
Welcome to the board! Nice pic! Glad to have a fellow beak boater on here. Obnoxus and Boatnut told me about it. Jeff runs a nice site. I was amazed at how many OSO people are on here.
It's the oso alternative. I was surprised that you can't type the word Speedwake on OSO. It comes up all asterisks. :confused:

Dan

·
Registered
136 Posts
i'm surprised it took me this long to find the place. i must be getting slow.

i'm hoping this will be a cool board. since i'm a moderator on OSO i am forbidden to give my opinion. maybe now i can voice my opinions. maybe i'm forbidden to even be on this board. oh, well.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They will have to get over it. What's up with not being able to voice your opinion? That's messed up. As you said, oh well!
Dan

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Mark,
Is that bad boy going to be ready by Aug. 10th? We could always use another beak on the run. Any more "rumors" from Mr.Rampage? :confused: I would have liked that one to have come true.
Dan

·
Registered
104 Posts
Candyman said:
Hey Mark,
Is that bad boy going to be ready by Aug. 10th? We could always use another beak on the run. Any more "rumors" from Mr.Rampage? :confused: I would have liked that one to have come true.
Dan
I should be picking her up on Saturday.
I hear we are VERY close to nailing the run date down.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hope its not the 10th or 24th. Now they have a helicopter with Wally taking pictures for the Racine Run. Should be fun. It would be a nice way to put some easy break-in hours on your boat. :D
Dan

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It seems I may have seen your boat before. :winker: :bigsmile: Is it a 29' or a 32' or somewhere in between. :laugher: I love red boats!
Dan

·
Premium Member
4,951 Posts
Nice pics of great boats guys. Keep the Fountain thing going on Speedwake. I have been thinking on a 2003 29 Fever with the new 525 EFI. It should run as good as a 500-mabey better with 30 more hp. Is 78 reasonable?

·
Premium Member
4,951 Posts
Dan,
Thankspwill look up. want the newer Fever II, which has the swim steps built in and the anchor locker. 35 seems too big for me to tow, the 32 i guess is not being made based on the low set in the water with twin big blocks.

Cause of the swamping story. What is your opinion of the 29?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
gilla,
My understanding is that Fountain will make 32' as a special order. I heard that the added weight of the 496's and overall width is why they stopped making the 32. I don't have any first hand knowledge of the 29'. The only way to know if a boat is right for you is do a water test. Test as many boats in varying conditions as you can and base your decision off of that not off of a magazine opinion.
Dan

·
Premium Member
4,951 Posts
Rode the 29 with the 454-Boat was great-engine was not much. Plane time was sad but once it got going-the hull took over and it rode great. Zero mid range torque-movee the throttlle you could not feel or hear acceleration-just slowly move up to 60. The stern vent holes had metal tubes running uphill and forward-to the blower. Swamp porblem should be eliminated. Based on the 29- i can see where a 32 with twin big blocks would be way stern heavy-your 35 seems to balance the weight better by looking at your pic. Also my first time with left had controls. Will be find once used to them where I can adjust w/o looking. The marina rep who was along said that he did not see much dif in rough water between the 27 and 29. I did notice the extra cockpit room and the cooler in the cabin. The cockpit room is the most important to me, plus it should have a little better balance. The best thing is you still read the water but don't worry about the landing.

·
Premium Member
4,951 Posts
DK-anything else out there to compare it to. I sure did like the ride-tend to porpoise a bit caused by the wave action but eaisly adjusted with tabs. With more motor-It felt like you could power through that stage. Any tips?

Thanks

·
Registered
136 Posts
mY 29 TENDS TO CHINE WALK SOME at 75mph plus. never had it porpoise. it's not a great rough water boat unless you want to work the throttle a lot and time the waves.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts