Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This ? is tied to my thread on engine life. How many hours a year do you average putting on your boat? Get some response and we can find an average among the Fastboaters.

50 hours per year

·
Premium Member
4,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
With all the posts YOU start with the cam swap and the rear deck fix-I thought that number would be appropriate for consideration. As usual, you will be the one unique individual whose averages will challange the validity of my research.

For lack of a NUT, the wheel fell off, the truck wrecked, the supplies never arrived and the war was lost. See Boatnut-you are needed.

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
Let's see. Buffed and waxed the boat .....twice. Normal oil changes,replaced cam and lifters,repaired hatch and cleaned messy bilge,and swapped drives twice.......So far this year.I would have to say it adds up to around ,hmmmmmmmmmm,carry the one,subtract the overlapping job operations and it comes out to be around,let's see,well a guesstimate would be around 75 hours or so in the last month........Now mind you,I'm not done.Just got off the phone with Crane,and although the rocker arms I am running are ok,they claim I am not receiving the full potential of the cam,which is why I called....Kinda suspected there were some hidden ponies to be had......And according to Crane, I was right .There could be a substantial gain.......SO,you know what that means,yes boys and girls,1boatnut will be tearing into my motor again,possibly next week.....

Which now the total hrs spent will equate to????????????????????????????????????

Now total helpers hours...........hmmmmmmm skipper(enigma)and I put in a full day yesterday.Of course there were the numerous trips to the hardware store(stainless staples are a bitch to find)and a scrumptious lunch . Total hours working on the boat(not counting us screwing off...posting )??

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
120-150 depends,,, I put on more hours towing Boatnut,,,, this year has been ok so far though,,, of course he is working on the motor without me this week, we are on vacation,,,, in other words, I guess I have alot of idle time in my near future !!!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.