Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
70,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't want to pi*s anyone off,but Personally,it sickens me to see all that sweet fiberglass rubbing in the sand.I had a boat that was in the sand for a couple of hours and rubbed the gelcoat clean off.Ouch:eek:

·
Super Goon At Large
6,103 Posts
Well I guess I fall into the same catagory as you Nut:D I hate to see people do it. I have done it a few times but try not to, sometimes you have to. My buddy does it to his all the time never seems to hurt it but I make it a rule to try to not beach it. Plus last time I did I sucked up a whole sh*t pot full of sand and ther went my impellers.............:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I guess you can add me to the list of people who find it painful to even think about. :shocked:

·
Registered
70,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I try and avoid it if at all possible -- but sometimes it's unavoidable when staking-out a beachhead. Especially hard to avoid when entertaining folks who haven't done the boat/beach thing much -- or at all.

I once tried telling my wife's mom, dad, aunt and uncle that they'd have to wade waste deep in water to get to shore -- because I didn't want to beach with 8 people on board (heavy and more sand rubbing). That didn't get me anywhere.

I ended up beaching anyway while we offloaded people and gear -- and have been labeled an "elder abuser" ever since. Not to mention that they use this one incident as justifiable cause for me to pick up the bar tab every time we go out.

Crazy Long Islanders.

·
Premium Member
6,152 Posts
Not much sand were I boat most of the time so my wife is use to wading to the shore and if there is a sandy we still anchor the boat off the beach.

·
Registered
144 Posts
No problems for me beaching it. The Mississippi has nice fine sand and if you run the boat up just until it stops...your fine. Yeah...after 5-6 years you can rub thru the gel. A couple hundred dollar repair every 5 years is squat. Cheaper if you're handy with the stuff.

You can't hardly avoid running it up on the sand....the water gets deep fast and the current is strong. 99.9% of the river boaters are beaching it.
:yeah:

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
I have beached the boat twice now. I didn't want to but It was nessasary for the suroundings. I really dont like beaching it.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have a yellow 29 outlaw and will not beach this boat.

Learned my lesson 2 years ago. I owned a 272 and beached a few times on the Illinois river. When I traded it in they had to
refinish the bottom. I agreed to pay for it since I was the one who did it. I thought I was trading in a spotless boat!

·
Premium Member
7,061 Posts
Jeff told me he opted to have his Sunsation equipped with the special 'No Beaching Ever' option... it came in a package with the 'Anti Sharp Objects' and 'No Shoes Allowed' protection plan. The guys at Sunsation think of EVERYTHING! ;)

·
Premium Member
18,074 Posts
Just about everyone beaches their boats on the Mississippi, the sections that I use anyway. My old Checkmate is 25 years old and not a mark on the keel or bottom. It gets bottom wax twice a year and has never been a problem. :)

·
Registered
70,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't beach mine either, I have the same rules as Greeneyedbeacher. NO SHOES, NO OPEN DRINKS WHILE DRIVING, NO LAYING ON THE BOAT WITHOUT A CLEAN TOWEL, NO EATING. :mad: Kinda strict, but the boat is 2000 and looks like I just pulled it off the show room floor.:D

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
Its hard keeping a boat clean with 2 kids. Heck, its darn near impossible but I seem to always manage to get it clean again. No one can believe that its a 1988!!

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Well since we are usually tied together you know the answer to that one Paul,,,,,, but um, I have to mention the Bayliner,,, you sure beached that one !!!

·
Registered
70,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Alot of people on Lake Hartwell do and they give me **** for not beaching mine. I just tell them that I dont walk on the hood of my car either. It drives people crazy but hey, its mine and I pay for it so I do what I want with it. NO BEACHING!! AND NO BITCHING!! are the rule for my boat.

·
Registered
70,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Come on out to Havasu and park in the channel! There is plenty of nice sand and there is no way to park off shore. It is like a parking lot of 100K boats and silicon breasts. I love the hot weather!! Check out the Havasu Channel Cam for pictures!

Havasu Cam!

Chris
River Racer X
http://www.riverracerx.com
Lake Havasu's Premiere Powerboat Club!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts