Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my boat sits in the water. It leans a bit down in the water about 2" more then the left side. Is this normal. When on plane I seem to be pushing the tabs down alot to straighten the boat at times and should I get rid of the small stainless tabs for the longer ones?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK I WENT FROM A 22 TO A 31 WITH TWIN ENGINES. It is a total differant way to drive boat such as how much trim and how much tabs ,, it might take awhile to learn this but I am glad I did it and having fun too. Any driving tips out there?

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
my boat leans a hair when just sitting as well, drives me crazy, I plan on moving some things around in the bilge to level it out. When on plane I dont have any issues.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
rumble man said:
OK I WENT FROM A 22 TO A 31 WITH TWIN ENGINES. It is a total differant way to drive boat such as how much trim and how much tabs ,, it might take awhile to learn this but I am glad I did it and having fun too. Any driving tips out there?
Call the owner back and ask him the handling quirks of the boat. We all love talk boats I bet he still will.

You will love docking with this boat, practice playing with the sticks and learn how to make the bow shift side to side and the stearn by bouncing from forward to reverse without touching the steering wheel. With having counter rotatiing props the spin of the props will literally pull the boat side to side.

The leaning of the boat sounds odd for a Scarab. But I know Sunsation has off set motors height and side to side to counter the engine's rotating assemblies spinning in the same direction.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts