Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
Honestly I don't think there any "little" bolt ons that will help much. If you're willing to crack into your motor you could do headwork and cam for some decent gains. Add intake and carb for even more and possiby exhaust depending on what you have now.

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
speediseverything said:
Its got the stock gil exhaust now.
I'm not 100% sure on this but I think the Gils should flow decent enough to the 550hp range and maybe even 600. CFM would probably know more. If so headwork and cam could get you some decent gains(50-60hp).

Also, that motor like to be run 5000-5200 rpm.

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
cfm said:
Got damn your smart. :D Great question !
Case in point: I had a customer call today with a 27ft single engine boat with a 5.0L Merc asking for engine hp help. Just wanted bolt-ons. My answer was ...uhhhhh....uhhhhh. :confused: Let's talk props.

Which brings me to:

Nope.
Hmmm...I thought you knew quite a bit about exhaust.

IF I remember right exhaust manifolds like Gils, EMI, Revolutions, etc are good for up to 550-600hp range. Anything higher then tubular headers (or induvidual runner manifolds) is the way to go for NA applications.

Not saying tubular headers won't pick you up some hp just saying don't expect a big difference in the 500hp range. $ vs performance.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.