Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

Huge Air!

839 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  greeneyedbeacher 
It was definitely HUGE AIR...

I remember standing behind Jeff holding on to the bar, looking at the monstrous wake behind the yacht. As we got closer I saw that it was more than a wake - this thing had a curl that would make any surfer drool! I knew that Jeff was gonna go for it when he didn't slow down or veer-off, and I remember thinking he was COMPLETELY INSANE when he pointed the nose of the boat directly at the wave's highest point! Just then the most amazing sweet-spot appeared in the wave, perfectly in line with our boat and 2 seconds later we were air-born. All I could see was the back of Jeff's head and the nose of the boat rising above me. I held my breath for what seemed like forever and prepared to experience the hardest landing imaginable. I'm telling you that landing was one of the smoothest we've ever had! I think we got so much air that we actually hit the equally huge curl on the other side of the wake and just rode it down! It was AWESOME; something I'm sure we'll never be able to duplicate... Jeff better never try to, anyway! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.