Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many manufactures make a twin screw V bottom under 29'?

Which ones have a stepped hull?

Any experience with speeds vs. Power?

Come on now, give me some real talk about boats.:gunner:

·
Premium Member
6,152 Posts
Excaliber made a 27 with twin outboards and a friend had a 28 Advantage with small block twins in it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
You can get a 28 Pantera with twins and a 29' Scarab with twins. Wellcraft made the P29 with twin 377 Scorpions (I think) or at least small blocks.

Old Wellcraft Nova II (26') and Nova III (27') and the Scarab Panther (29') all had twins

I owned a NOVA III with twins 350's. It was fun but way too rear heavy.

- jeff

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Donzi 28 - if it wasn't so heavy it would be.....

there are a number of them in my area....because of a Donzi dealer nearby and the Sunsation 288 with that little old 496/HO smokes'em every time....

however - they are beautiful well built boats...

:) - jeff

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
Heavy is good in my book. But I like a good ride more than top speed. After all, I am a Formula fan.:)

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
yes, this is true.... while I'm skating from the top of one wave to the next; they're plowing through them...mowing them down....

that's the great thing about boats right?....you can always find one that fits your liking...

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
No, actually I can't find "one" to suit my liking. I guess that's why I have 7 of them.:eek: (if you count jet skis)

:D :D :D

·
Premium Member
4,951 Posts
29 Fountain can be ordered with twins
28 Sonic
280zx and zxo Donzi twins up to 377 Scorpions, but they need 92 Octane and props rotate in so you loose a lot of effect when docking.
Formula 29
28 0r 29 Powerquest
Seems hard for that short a boat to handle the weight of twins-got more power but sluggish-Look at the time to plane times. Out in big water like the gulf of Great lakes-the back up of two would be nice. Inland-help is usually nearby. Boats, like race cars, have a critical balance for optimum ride and performance

1 - 15 of 15 Posts