1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
9,208 Posts
Ill be going to check it out sometime saturday, I figure my Son will get a kick out of these race boats...... I also heard Under the Gun is playing the friday night party at the inner Harbor... ...is it true their speakers really fell in the water a few weeks ago?

Is miss bud on display or something, I know the big boat class is not here..

·
Registered
70,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jb said:
Ill be going to check it out sometime saturday, I figure my Son will get a kick out of these race boats...... I also heard Under the Gun is playing the friday night party at the inner Harbor... ...is it true their speakers really fell in the water a few weeks ago?

Is miss bud on display or something, I know the big boat class is not here..
Some of these boats are really LOUD...............You may want to bring earplugs for your son. There is a "Kid Zone" set-up for the little one's to play in. We're going Sun to check it out.

·
Registered
10,224 Posts
I swung in there for about an hour to check it out today after work. Watched the 1st two runs....cool little boats :cool:

Those things are loud. It was said the stock 2.5 class will do 105 mph with a weight of less than 1000 pounds. Thats got to be quite a ride

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
I went into the pits about 8:30 last night to take a look see. I got talking to a guy who happened to be doing a glass repair to the bottom of his boat. He said he hit something on the course, not sure what. He told me that at the speeds they run, even if they hit someting like a plastic water bottle, it can cause damage to the bottom. That kind of surprised me. But then he told me his boat only weighs in at around 1350 lbs and that's with a 305 ci (don't remember exactly, but around 1350). At that weight, the lay up/glass must be pretty thin. So I can see how hitting a plastic bottle at +100 mph could crack/break the glass.

Cockpits in those things are mighty small. I can't imagine being strapped in one of those little suckers and going +100 mph :eek:

Anyone know how fast they run with a 305 ? I was thinking 130ish ?

·
Registered
114 Posts
does that lake still have that spookie PCB glow to it!We went when the big boys raced there a few years back and couldn't believe how screwed up that lake was!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts