Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WELL, STARTED VACATION MONDAY ... what a week..Been out every day.. lake erie has been beautiful..The Scarab is running great!! going to eastlake for the silvercup race sat &sun. .. live is good!!!;) :D :p: :cool: What the hell is happening at OSO????:confused:

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
GOOD JOB DAVE !!!! GLAD YOUR HAVING A GOOD WEEK !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
Question

There seams to be some history with OSO with quit a few of you. Can I ask why, whats the story? hopefully I don't offend anyone when I confess and tell yas I post over there some times. But when I have a question I come here first. :D So again, if I may ask, whats the deal? :confused:

·
Registered
70,398 Posts
Jeff,alot of us were people who posted on OSO before Jeff started this site. I am a Charter member on the site and still go over once and awile. I don't believe that offends anyone,especially Jeff.They have had their fair share of squabbles there(as all places have)and are in the middle of another because they have offended alot of people by opening a special place for Charter members ONLY to go and post,not allowing 98% of the other members in. As a Charter member,I find it alot of crap,I don't need any special priveleges over any other member

Also the site has become purely business,if that happens here,I'm sure I will visit less ,like I do on OSO.

But for the record,this is by far the best DAMN site around. We are a work in progress,and daily this place gets better and better. The reason I am here is because of the PEOPLE. I knew when I 1st signed on this would be a special place. And my # of posts prove it:D

·
Registered
70,398 Posts
Me too?

I can't say I posted alot on the other board. But I did frequent it. I was told about this site by someone that had just found it that is also on the other one (plus many others). I see alot of familiar names over here. To quote 1boatnut. "the site has turned into purely business" Happens to allot of them I see. Start out as a place for friends to chit chat. Owner(s) try to turn it into a cash cow. People go find another place to play.......
Great site Jeff, Keep up the good work. -------Tee

·
Premium Member
6,152 Posts
Scarab,
Glad to here you are having a great time on your vacation!:cool:
:yawn:S:yawn: Who Cares.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
Which two SOB's Shore? I'm sure SC is one of them. Seems to me the board gods are getting mighty upitty. Also seems the traffic is down significantly, though that may be due to people being on the water and buttoning up the boats.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts