Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I painted over the graphics on the side of my boat let me know what you think, and don't be afraid to be honest, it won't hurt my feelings :D

This is what it use to look like.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
not feeling it either

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Looked better before

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
I like the before. I think the new looks like that "tribal" stuff that's so popular now. But, I think it's a fad just like the "splash" graphics where.

·
Premium Member
7,061 Posts
I think it's very ambitious to do your own painting, and if he wasn't happy with the original look, then I applaud him for trying to change it.

It looks like he either painted solid blue over the existing graphic design, which makes it look tribal, or he posted a pic with blue masking tape over the graphic.

I like the original graphic, but I'd really need to see a shot of the finished product including the interior so that I can see how it all matches... it's a girl thing. :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
It's hard to get a feel for it with the single coat - another coat might look better. The blue might not be the best color choice either...something brighter with more contrast might look better... :)

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I see blue tape on top of the garbage can and that sure looks like blue tape on top of the old graphics. Was this pic supposed to be one of several showing the painting process by chance?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Best part of doing paint yourself is that you can change it pretty quickly if you don't like it.

I personally would have tried it with yellow or maybe a metallic silver. Post another pic when you are done.

·
Premium Member
12,363 Posts
Mr. Demeanor said:
I see blue tape on top of the garbage can and that sure looks like blue tape on top of the old graphics. Was this pic supposed to be one of several showing the painting process by chance?
I think you nailed it Chris.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts