Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I started a new job back in March working for a high end marina. I love working on boats all day. I just cashed my paycheck for this period and I got another raise. These guys are great. This makes 4 raises and a bonus check in the past 4 months...and I get paid hollidays as well....(some of the other guys told me they didn't get paid hollidays until after 1 year) I wished I knew about this place 10 years ago. :cool:

I started out as a body and paint guy. I have been swapping motors, trannys, and rebuilding drives lately. The work just keeps comming in and I seem to be the guy that is asked to take on the tasks others don't sem to be capable of. Even if I have no idea what to do, the service manager sets me in a direction and I go with it. Seems to be more that what some of ther other guys are willing to do. I guess that is why they feel I am more valuable to the company.

·
Registered
10,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is the 1st real job I have had in 18 years. I was always self employed. What is nice about having a job is I keep the money I take home. When I was self employed I made like $250k a year, but it cost me $240k to do it :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Andretti 502 said:
This is the 1st real job I have had in 18 years. I was always self employed. What is nice about having a job is I keep the money I take home. When I was self employed I made like $250k a year, but it cost me $240k to do it :rolleyes:
Sounds Great, I am doing just the Reverse I been working for a company for the past 9 years with heath care and paid Holidays but I have started my own Business and want to Leave my Day job to do it full time... I feel I am being rewarded alot more $$ for my time and extra efforts for my own business then the Regular 40 hr paycheck weather I do a little or alot it wont change much other then a few %% yearly..

Trying to do both right now just cause my job now has alot of perks but my head is hitting the ceiling for pay$$ working for a company.. :(

·
I've Survived Everything!
12,273 Posts
Speedwake said:
congratulations!!!!

hard work always pays off!
A great deal of knowledge along with the hard work will always reap the greatest return, as this thread clearly proves!

Congratulations my friend! :cheers:

·
Registered
549 Posts
Congrats, It's a small few that get to go to a job they love every day.

How about some pics of these "High End" boats? :D

I saw the one you first posted but would like to see more.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Andretti 502 said:
Same thing here..I went back to :work" 2 years ago after 20 on my own...Health care,Ins. Fuel, pension etc.

It has amazed me how few are self-starters out here..I always just thought i had lousy employees...But, They are EVERYWHERE !

I think having had our own azzes on the line all those years gives us a differant perspective on "work"

·
Registered
9,208 Posts
Great News Norm...good for you...

Keep up the good fun work!

Now if you only lived closer!!!!

·
Registered
8,878 Posts
SURE is great to hear such. The "laid off after 20+ years of hard work" and "company relocating to another country" tales are getting too common. CONGRATS!!!!

·
Stokers Rule
4,387 Posts
Is this shop or place union?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts