Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Yea, I remember them, had the classic lines of the old two cockpit 1930's style mahogany runabouts, I don't know who made the boats in the movie, but I thought those were an Italian made model repro..... NOT :)

I saw that some say they where Chriscrafts, but I doubt they would just destroy a couple antique $40K boats, but then again, maybe they would at that.. :eek: THEY DID... :(
I also found out part of those scenes were filmed in England, So at this point, who knows what they Really are.. I have a "making of" dvd on it, so I'll have to check it out and see if they mention it..

Conclusion;

Well, I watched it, and Steven Speilburg says Chris-Craft, and said the boat that was chopped up by the ships propeller was modified to be made longer for that scene so it would take longer to Chop it up..
:shocked:

·
Registered
1 Posts
anyone remember the 3 old wooden boats that were used in the indiana jones movie.

They were beautiful boats. Anyone know what type they were.
The boats are Hacker-Craft boats. They cost about $190,000 each as they are hand -made and only a limited number are made every year. A friend of mine owns one and the manufacturer, Hacker was once at my Yacht Club. Jon Bon Jovi once wanted one but it was going to be a 2 year wait until his turn came up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts