Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the answer as to why the Bayliner story was removed:devious:

There are two sides to every story and I didn't see anyone throwing out the Bayliner side of the story. I've never been very secret about my Bayliner feelings, but they do serve a price-point market and have great space design.
I don't want to shell out the money, nor take the time to sponsor "boatbitchin.com". The simple fact is our sponsor is good enough to put this on free of charge... thank you.

Our sponsor is supported by ad dollars, not forum users. Brunswick (US Marine) is a huge supporter of the marine publishing industry. Stop blaming these guys for some prudent editing. I thought it was extremely bold of them to be good enough to leave the post up and allow some discussion at all.

As I do with inflamatory and incredible emails, I'm going to attempt a little investigation and hope others do the same. I'd still be very interested to find out anything to support or refute this thing.

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
The above was from a thread--Tell members why a subject thread was removed?

Here is 1 members reply:: I understand the concern, but wouldn't a request to tone it down have sufficed? Or how about posting her story and locking it out to responses? I agree with the need to throw water on flaming, but sensorship of experiences is a tough one for me to digest. Just a knee-jerk reaction here.

And Jeff,Speedwake.com is still under the thread ----The official this is my boat picture thread:D.

Anything more you want me to find out???:D

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
I know I am in that thread, but I also posted a thread about speedwake.com and that was deleted.

It's not really important because I am going to leave the post that refers to their site, since I think it's a nice site.

Now, I have considered deleting the post in Other Boating Related Sites where there is a post for Pechorin "Sell and buy powerboats on Pechorin.com" since the person Vond has not added anything to the forum in terms of posts and has only used the forum for promoting his own website.

I'm very open minded about this, but no one really likes to think that the money they spent and the hard work they put into a site is being exploited by someone else for their own financial gain without adding any funcational value to the site in terms of participation.

Having said that, do you think I should allow the members to vote on what type of posts to allow or simply let anyone promote anything they want even if they're not a contributing forum member?

I wait your thoughts....because I don''t profess to have all the answers...

- jeff

·
Registered
171 Posts
Jeff - if a "commercial" business is using this site to promote their business in the "Other Boating Related Sites", why not establish some sort of time limit for thier post - say it expires after (30) days.

If the person who does the posting for the business wants it stay on the board longer, they can contact you (privately) and perhaps work out some arrangement that recognizes your time, money, and efforts .

Just my .02

·
Super Goon At Large
6,103 Posts
Did I miss some good poop? man seems to be the story of my life, day late and a dollar short every time!!

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
you didn't miss anything....
we were just all wondering about the message that got posted that was really bashing Bayliner - then poof! it was gone

:)

·
Super Goon At Large
6,103 Posts
Oh, Bayliners have there place in this world. Not everyone can but the big boats like Fountain's and all that, I have never owned one (bayliner) but alot of folks have em and hey any boat is better than none huh? I get bashed for my Baja and does it bother me? not really, I figure screw em:gunner: if they feel they are better than me and my boat........ not the kinda folks I wanna be around. A little good natured poking is one thing but alot of fliks really do look down on ya if you aren't in a big Scarab or the likes. Sorry to ramble.......

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Ah yes,,,, BAJA,,,,, the Bayliner of performance boats.

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Karen and I look real closely at a 28' Baja. It was really roomy and we were both impressed with the spaciousness but I like the cockpit on the sunsation a little bit more and the dealer was only 15 minutes away....

The Baja was a real temptation though.... and it was priced really well....

- jeff

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
When it comes to competing with other boat forums and websites, there really isn't a need to bash or pull threads because of someone mentioning another website. I have seen some of the same names pop up on three different ones and I have even ventured on to a couple of others. Variety is good and I like the attitude Jeff takes on this, no bashing, just put out a good website and let it take care of itself.

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
obnoxus said:
Ah yes,,,, BAJA,,,,, the Bayliner of performance boats.
Now how many times have we heard this one:laugher: :laugher:
Terrible!!
Anyway, I hear what your saying Jeff and I agree with who ever said something about the post staying around for 30 days. It would make sure these people came back around at least to renew their ads:D

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
I can say that,.,, I own a BAJA !!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts