Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 4" exhaust tips that looks like it had internal flappers at one time. But if you look at the picture there is a bar welded across to hold them. What kind of flappers bolt on to them. I cannot find any that go on when there is a bar across already welded in place. Also I cannot use external due to them being slant cut tips. Please help!!! :shocked:

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mufflers

If I add in-line mufflers or slip in, will that also prevent any reversion?? Instead of flaps. I like the ease and price of the eddie marine ones in the new other post.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Fast i have the same pipes with the same rods welded to the inside. I just knocked it out and installed new ones that go side to side. Ur engine compartment looks great. Did you just repaint it? Wheres the motor?

Those slip in will do the job of preventing reversion. But if you want the noise throw some internals on there its not expensive

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SweetEmotion said:
Fast i have the same pipes with the same rods welded to the inside. I just knocked it out and installed new ones that go side to side. Ur engine compartment looks great. Did you just repaint it? Wheres the motor?

Those slip in will do the job of preventing reversion. But if you want the noise throw some internals on there its not expensive
Thanks, I used gray epoxy paint everywhere. I think I am addicted to epoxy paint now. :D That stuff is tough!! I just got the engine back today. Do you have a link to a set of flappers that would be easy to install?

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have replaced those before you have to grind the weld off and remove the pins to install new flappers and tach weld the pins back in those tips. If no one replies with a source I will ask my buddy where they came from ,seems like maybe Eddie Marine? It has been about 4 years.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts