Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,363 Posts
This is a BUYER`S market. Boats are selling cheap, the ones that ARE selling.

You have an 11 year old, 26' boat. $30K might be a little high. . . :confused:

·
Registered
9,208 Posts
With the 540 I dont think its a bad starting point, but I also think the 540 hurts it in a way. Its a great boat(I looked at one when they came out to upgrade from my 23 nova at the time) but the small cabin/short bow bothers some. Big cockpit is a plus tho...

If I remember correct(As I check my old sales sheets) we were still under 40k buying one new in 1996 or 7 from our dealer... so me personally would never pay in the 30's now

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
26scarab said:
Just trying to sell this and really haven't got much feedback.
I'm open to suggestions on how to move this.

The boat is really clean, motor is fresh and it's just been a really well maintained boat. I've seen worse sell for more.

http://www.speedwake.com/upload/showthread.php?threadid=56513
Chuck, I would guess your listing price pretty close. try powerboatlistings.com, I sold my Sunsation on there and got quite a bit of traffic.

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
26scarab said:
Just trying to sell this and really haven't got much feedback.
I'm open to suggestions on how to move this.

The boat is really clean, motor is fresh and it's just been a really well maintained boat. I've seen worse sell for more.

http://www.speedwake.com/upload/showthread.php?threadid=56513
I think you're in line with all the goodies on it. Give me some more details. A friend is thinking about going bigger.

Beam? HP? Speed? Any pics of the cuddy?

·
Registered
1,254 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Blackhawk,
I think it's a 8'2" or 8'5" beam I'll look it up when I get home, and I can email you some more pictures , just give me an address. Depending on what's negotiated I have quite a few extra's that can go along with it. (drive, motor parts, etc)

Rick,
when I bought this one , I was looking at a 29. It had a single BB in it. But the 26' rode better and had more room in the cockpit.... :)
How many boats do you have ?!? I thought you got rid of this for the race boat and aren't you rigging another race boat ?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I haven't gps'd it since I went thru the motor and added a Marine Kinetics custom cam. So I'm kinda guessing here, it used to run 78-80 spinning a labbed 26 pitch Bravo one 5800-5900rpms. Since I detuned it slightly I'm seeing 5600-5700rpms, so I'd say somewhere around 75-77 mph.

Here's the details on the motor, Gen6 block , eagle crank & rods with the better ARP rod bolts, JE pistons, Oval port Merlins (ported by Flow Tech) , Inconel valves, Isky tool room springs (9910's I think) , Isky red zone lifters, Jesel valvetrain, Brodix intake, HVC carb spacer, Dean Nickerson 1050 dominator, MSD ignition and distributor, Marine Kinetics custom billet solid roller, custom Dan Olson offshore oil pan.
The motor is 8.9:1 cr so it can run on mid grade.
Have your friend give me a ring if he has any questions
586 243 3646

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
26scarab said:
I haven't gps'd it since I went thru the motor and added a Marine Kinetics custom cam. So I'm kinda guessing here, it used to run 78-80 spinning a labbed 26 pitch Bravo one 5800-5900rpms. Since I detuned it slightly I'm seeing 5600-5700rpms, so I'd say somewhere around 75-77 mph.

Here's the details on the motor, Gen6 block , eagle crank & rods with the better ARP rod bolts, JE pistons, Oval port Merlins (ported by Flow Tech) , Inconel valves, Isky tool room springs (9910's I think) , Isky red zone lifters, Jesel valvetrain, Brodix intake, HVC carb spacer, Dean Nickerson 1050 dominator, MSD ignition and distributor, Marine Kinetics custom billet solid roller, custom Dan Olson offshore oil pan.
The motor is 8.9:1 cr so it can run on mid grade.
Have your friend give me a ring if he has any questions
586 243 3646
Alright I'll pass the info along.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts