Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Suncoast Offshore Gran Prix here I come !

I`ve booked roundtrip airfare, rented a car, rented a condo for the week and took off work (unpaid :unhappy1: ).

We`ll be in Sarasota from Sunday June 29 through Monday July 7.

I hope to meet some of you Florida Speedwakers. :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'm doing everything I can to make it but some one in Ohio thought it to be a great idea to get married on July 5th and now the wife states we must go. I tried to tell her to take pictures for me but we know how that worked out.

·
Registered
70,398 Posts
bnboatn said:
I'm doing everything I can to make it but some one in Ohio thought it to be a great idea to get married on July 5th and now the wife states we must go. I tried to tell her to take pictures for me but we know how that worked out.
Put your foot down puzzy. Show her who's the boss. :D

·
Registered
283 Posts
His boat still is broken down. The wife will probably not go and the kid is definite no. A friend of mine has offered to fly us up for one of the days at least.

You should talk to him about getting the Baja on Trailer and taking it up for the races.

·
Registered
283 Posts
His boat still is broken down. The wife will probably not go and the kid is definite no. A friend of mine has offered to fly us up for one of the days at least.

You should talk to him about getting the Baja on Trailer and taking it up for the races.

·
Registered
70,398 Posts
Just got off the phone with him. I'm not sure which day(s) we'll be going, but definitely Sunday. I haven't decided whether I'm taking the boat or not. A buddy from Boatfreaks is having a big cookout all day at Lido Key on the beach and you can watch the races from there.

·
Registered
70,398 Posts
DonMan said:
Suncoast Offshore Gran Prix here I come !

I`ve booked roundtrip airfare, rented a car, rented a condo for the week and took off work (unpaid :unhappy1: ).

We`ll be in Sarasota from Sunday June 29 through Monday July 7.

I hope to meet some of you Florida Speedwakers. :)
Where are you staying?

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
He is staying in my garage. His budget was pretty tight and I have a window air conditioner in the garage.

Don, you gotta bring your own sleeping bags.

·
Super Goon At Large
6,103 Posts
Sarasota will never be the same................. :laugher: :laugher: :laugher: :laugher: :laugher: :laugher: :laugher:

·
Registered
283 Posts
If wanting more is going to be there it can't get much worse. :laugher: :laugher: :laugher: :laugher:
Better turn the hydrants on to clean the streets off.

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
Too bad I moved to the east coast. I've been to it several times. Most of the racers stay at the Hyatt on the water.

·
Premium Member
12,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Re: IT`S OFFICIAL ! Donman is going to Florida

wantingmore said:
Where are you staying?

I`m staying in a 2 bedroom condo that I found on www.vacationrentals.com
It`s $652 for 8 nights, that`s all taxes and an exit cleaning fee. $81.50 a night is cheaper than a hotel, but I have a full kitchen and 2 bathrooms. It`s not real close to the beach, but I`m OK with that.

·
Premium Member
12,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mr. Demeanor said:
He is staying in my garage. His budget was pretty tight and I have a window air conditioner in the garage.

Don, you gotta bring your own sleeping bags.
Are you 5 star or just 4 star ? :D

·
Registered
283 Posts
Why are you asking where they are watching the races from. We will be on your Baja drinking your beer and using your gas. :laugher:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts