Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even though I`m used to it, it was still FREAKIN HOT today.

New record ---- 110*

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
It sure felt hotter than it was today. I fed the dogs, and brought in the garbage cans, and I swear I felt sunburned! Right after that, I drove to downtown, and it was only 97. :)

·
I've Survived Everything!
12,273 Posts
I talked with a buddy of mine in Port St. Lucie around noon time yesterday. He said it was so hot he needed a shower just after getting the mail, about a 50 foot stroll out to the box from his front door!:p:

I reminded him that he was the one who said he was through shoveling snow when he moved there!:fr7:

Weather in Maryland was pleasant with low humidity yesterday and we haven't had any snow to speak of since he left the state! :laugher: :laugher:

·
Registered
8,878 Posts
It's not the heat. It's the humidity....If I had a nickle for everytime...

Enjoy it while you can. Being in Michigan makes me appreciate the sunshine and warm (even HOT) weather LOTS more. It's a treat here.

I do remember Vegas in the fall when walking down the street was a sweat drenching experience. QUICK back to the pool!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
12,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ghart said:
I reminded him that he was the one who said he was through shoveling snow when he moved there!:fr7:

I believe it was the infamous Cuda who once said that he never had to shovel humidity off his driveway ! :D

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
DonMan said:
I believe it was the infamous Cuda who once said that he never had to shovel humidity off his driveway ! :D
It was actually I never had to shovel sunshine from my driveway. I'd still rather be hot a couple months, than freezed my but off in the winter. :)

·
Premium Member
12,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These hot azz summer days are fine with me. The trade-off is I can walk around wearing flip-flops in January.

·
Premium Member
12,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OPtimus Prime said:
Too hot is better that to cold. Let's see you drive a boat across the ice! :laugher:
My wife loves cold weather and is disapointed at our mild Texas winters. She says you can layer as many clothes as you want to stay warm, but can only take off a certain amount of clothes. I said "No darling, you are wrong about that one". :D

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
I don't know how you guys do it! I can't take excessive heat like that. We had a low 90's day last year and it was so hot I was roasting even when cruising at 50-60mph.

·
Premium Member
12,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
blackhawk said:
I don't know how you guys do it! I can't take excessive heat like that. We had a low 90's day last year and it was so hot I was roasting even when cruising at 50-60mph.
I grew up here. I`m used to it. I layed a pipeline in 118* heat when I was a teenager. Oh, it is hot indeed, but I guess your body just gets conditioned to it.

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
DonMan said:
I grew up here. I`m used to it. I layed a pipeline in 118* heat when I was a teenager. Oh, it is hot indeed, but I guess your body just gets conditioned to it.
That's true I have friends that have been in Florida for several years now and they're wearing winter jackets when it's 60*!

·
Registered
549 Posts
It was only about 92 here today, but the humidity was about 1000%, I sweat my butt off at the shop today, drank a gallon of Ice Tea and was drinking out of the hose all day. Misserable.

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
blackhawk said:
That's true I have friends that have been in Florida for several years now and they're wearing winter jackets when it's 60*!
Damn right! I decided a couple years ago that I don't own enough clothes to ride a bike below 50 degrees.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
I like the seasons. Here in MD you can boat 8 months a year and the winter is pretty mild. We only get around two months of high heat / humidity.

·
Innocent Bystander
1,498 Posts
Forecast is for 105 today with a heat index of 115. We're still heading out, I want to test the theory that every beer lowers the temp 1 degree!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts