Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
70,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We can't post a picture more than once? I have about 80 welcome gif's and used them all already. Guess I welcomed alot of folks :D
Well anyway,what is the reason behind it. I can go into my files and re name them all,but thats a little time consuming. I dont have that kind of free time:laugher: :laugher: :laugher:

Well maybe I do. But someday I most likely wont.
So why,why,why??????????????:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
hmmm. i'll have to test that one myself...
I know you can't post a photo with the same name twice...so give me a day or two to figure it out...

- jeff

·
Registered
70,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jeff,just so you know,this did not start with the new server. It has been that way since the begining.Hope that helps you out.

·
Super Goon At Large
6,103 Posts
is all you guys can do is gripe:D:D:D

I never even tried it........

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
It doesnt help to rename it eiter,,, I tried that one.

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
yeah I do !!!!! more power !!!! ur ur ur

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
ok, boatnut got it figured out...

You are right, you can't post an image with the same name twice. The forum software only maintains one copy of the image (to save space). I could change it, but that would mean that if someone else posted an image with the same name as one of yours, then theirs would over-write yours and whereever your old one was displayed, their new one would be displayed instead and the same would hold true to your posts also...if you posted an image with the same name as a previous image.

Sorry Bnut, they have to have different names....

:) - jeff

·
Registered
70,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No problem buddy.

BUT,are you aware that if you hit the back button it will automaticaly wipe out what you already typed in a post.

Example: I type in a post and then go to browse to attach a image. Now it says you already attached that image,when you go back,whatever you typed in will be gone and it has to be done over.

Glitch?:confused:

·
Premium Member
18,074 Posts
Jeff, I renamed the icons, gifs, etc. and the folder and still have the same problem.

I get a message that says I have already posted this image and it also tells me the thread that it is in.

Any other idea's ??? :confused:

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
I check it out...
man o man are Karen and I happy to be home.
today was the windiest day I have ever been out in on the cheapeake. We had a helluva time getting the boat on the trailer, but it and we are home safe and sound...

- jeff

·
Registered
250 Posts
Sounds like 2 people may have drowned after a 16 foot boat overturned off Chesapeake Beach. Small craft warnings are not to be taken lightly:(

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Karen and I dumped the boat at Kent Island saturday and spent the night in St. Micheals. The short trip back to Kent was BRUTAL!!!!!

yes, it really sucked.

·
Premium Member
7,061 Posts
I was standing in the St Michael's marina store Sunday morning around 11:00, and a call came in that there was an over-turned craft and 4 people in the water... as soon as Jeff and I hit the water about an 40 mintues later, I could see why. Hope everyone was rescued ok.

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
actually Karen they were not. I heard this morning that a few of them were pulled from the water, but one was still missing.

as Karen will attest it was the roughest day we have ever seen on the boat. The wind had to be blowing at a consistent 30 to 40 mph out of the west.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts