Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Karen and I took a trip on Saturday, April 20, 2002 down the bay for a late-lunch/early-dinner of steamed crabs. We went to a picturesque town called Rock Hall on the Eastern Shore of the Chesapeake Bay. Rock Hall is about 10 nm above the Chesapeake Bay Bridge to Annapolis and about 40 miles from where we splash the boat.

The prior evening a storm had moved through and a low pressure zone dominated the area. The skies were overcast the entire day (giving me lots of time to wax my truck and Karen's car, pull weeds and take a 'fast' motorcycle ride). In the early afternoon we put the boat in the water and set out on our little trip.

The water was like a sheet of glass the entire trip. I have never seen it so smooth for so long. It was amazing and there wasn't any breeze either. We left at 2:15 and pulled into Rock Hall at 3:15. The bay was almost entirely devoid of other boats, so we had the place to ourselves.

Karen took lots of pictures on the trip and they're all posted in the photo gallery. I posted a few below....

It was a beautiful and memorable day on the water.

I'm sure Karen will add her comments later after she gets up.

- jeff

Attachments

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After consuming mass quantities of crabs, Karen goes to the Ladies Room to wash the bay seasoning from her hands. Jeff's concludes that an overflowing drink will wash the bay seasoning off his hands just as well...

Cheers to everyone on Speedwake.com!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This scene was amazing, I think I could have actually put my drink in the dashboard and it wouldn't have spilled it was so smooth, but that would have taken it too far from my lips....

:)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Hey,,,,, Thats what the water usually looks like on Lake Michigan !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
70,398 Posts
Nice pics. The weather here was not so nice Saturday. But I did have the enjoyment of spreading 21 tons of stone for a pad to store my boat on. I guess thats boating related, huh?

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Jeff, the Chesapeake sounds like a great place to boat, Dawn and myself are thinking of towing the boat out from Michigan sometime this summer, a trip with no kids, we may need a tour guide. Or is anyone working on a Sunsation Rally East?

·
Premium Member
18,074 Posts
Great photos, looks like you 2 really enjoyed the day.
The photos around the dock area look a lot like the Ole Miss with the calm water. T-shirts and shorts, must have been nice. They're predicting 3-4 inches of snow here today. Ugh !! Hope May gets here soon ! :)

·
Premium Member
6,152 Posts
Looks like you 2 had alot of fun! I am going to go get my boat this afternoon and start getting it ready for the boating season!
:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

·
Registered
250 Posts
Sure, rub it in. I got to go to a soccer game at 3:40 yesterday. that means NO BOAT TIME!!!:rolleyes: Oh well, guess I'll get out again in a few weeks. Might splash the little boat for the first time if it warms back up by next weekend:D

·
Premium Member
7,061 Posts
stuchamp said:
Great photos, looks like you 2 really enjoyed the day.
The photos around the dock area look a lot like the Ole Miss with the calm water. T-shirts and shorts, must have been nice. They're predicting 3-4 inches of snow here today. Ugh !! Hope May gets here soon ! :)
Yesterday was a beautiful day... even better when the sun came out. Sorry to hear about the chance of snow. If it makes you feel better, it was 40-some degrees here today and rainy... what a difference a day makes! Yuck! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
7,061 Posts
BAJA342 said:
Jeff,
What rest. did you eat at? I always like Fin Fur and Feather. I did yard work all day and just looked at the boat.
If you don't mind, BAJA342, I can answer for Jeff... we ate at the Waterman's Crab House which is right beside the marina in Rock Hall. They have a nice big deck on the water, great crabs, great drinks, and live bands on the weekends. The barmaid told us that the bands start playing Friday, 5/3.

Where's the Fin, Fur and Feather located... tell us about it... is it worth checking out?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Karen,
I could not remeber the name of Watermans. I knew that it was there. That is a great place. I have not been to the FFF in about 1 1/2 years. But last time I was there it was good. Crabs cakes with 0 filling just all meat. It is to left as you enter the harbor and head straight for land. Little place with a couple of slips out front.

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Karen FFF is straight ahead when you pull into the harbor. We never go past it because we cut across the Harbor. It's a quiet place.....

·
Premium Member
7,061 Posts
Jeff, is that the place we walked to that night where we sat on the bench by the water and laughed at the terrible country karaoke coming from the deck??

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
no FFF is really laid back and like a "real restaurant". A woman who used to train at Karate School is a waitress there during the summer. He boyfriend lives in Rock Hall during the summer and works on boat next door at the Rock Hall railway marina.

we could go there sometime, but it's pretty boring.... as compared to how well we get entertained at Watermans :)

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yea, I can't wait maybe we can try and make it down that Saturday night....

:)

ps guys: Big Cam and the Lifters is a musical group.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts