Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got my ski out for the first time this year. I washed it up and got it ready to go. well when i started it up This is what I got. (watch video) it is a bad vibrating rumbling sound. Any one have any ideas or know what it could be. It only has 12hr on it. :confused:

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M9bQh1rQ2AA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M9bQh1rQ2AA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

·
Registered
8,878 Posts
I couldn't tell much from the vid/sound either. But I'd look for the obvious first. Pull plugs, make sure no water in there, check the pump for critter nests or something also...If fuel injected it may just take a while for the computer to adjust.
Good Luck

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I LOVE SEADOO's

Looks like a seadoo 4 stroke, Keep in mind NO SEADOO Sounds Good on the trailer with all the shaft Vibrations and rattles.. Install 3 new plugs, check oil level and Bring it to the lake and run it..

Remember the Ride plate on these seadoos is the Radiator now even though they are intercooled you can smoke the Exhaust gaskets in 30 secs running it on the trailer..

I am sure its fine..........

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was running it on the hose. I started it up today and let it run for about 5 min and no Vibrations. shut it off and started it back up and it was there. :confused:

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: I LOVE SEADOO's

revx440 said:
Looks like a seadoo 4 stroke, Keep in mind NO SEADOO Sounds Good on the trailer with all the shaft Vibrations and rattles..

I am sure its fine..........

Thats is what it sounds like the shaft is going to fly out of it. Some times it does it and some times not.

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is a video of it running and there is no noise. just put it up so you can here the difference in the noise.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9D2o96Q-n_M&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9D2o96Q-n_M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

·
Registered
76 Posts
I know on my 'ski you're NOT supposed to have water running until AFTER the motor starts when you use the hose. Apparently the water pressure can screw up the exhaust and force water places it shouldn't be.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
You may have a bad plug boot....back when i had my Kawasaki 650, once a year it never failed that it would start running bad intermitantly...the plug boots on my ski were screwed onto the plug wire and a ziptie to hold it together.....cut the tie off...unscrew the boot....wire cutters and clip off about 1/4-1/2" of plug wire for fresh coreing and screw the boot back on and new ziptie......not i dont know if they still have those types of ign wire setups but worth it to check...
If thats not the case i would do a compression or leak down test just to see the state of the cyl's.....

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wally said:
You may have a bad plug boot....back when i had my Kawasaki 650, once a year it never failed that it would start running bad intermitantly...the plug boots on my ski were screwed onto the plug wire and a ziptie to hold it together.....cut the tie off...unscrew the boot....wire cutters and clip off about 1/4-1/2" of plug wire for fresh coreing and screw the boot back on and new ziptie......not i dont know if they still have those types of ign wire setups but worth it to check...
If thats not the case i would do a compression or leak down test just to see the state of the cyl's.....
The motor runs fine. Just a bad rumble in the back end some times. I am going to run it in the water and see what happens.

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Philcat said:
I know on my 'ski you're NOT supposed to have water running until AFTER the motor starts when you use the hose. Apparently the water pressure can screw up the exhaust and force water places it shouldn't be.
I did not know that. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I cant see the video, but your always supposed to turn the engine on first, then turn the hose water on and always shut the hose water off first, then the engine. If you dont do this water would enter the engine and hydrolock it creating bigger problems. also make sure you grease the driveshift, there should be a fitting for a grease gun. if you go to www.pwctoday.com you will find the best jetski/seadoo forum with lots of help

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ryin said:
I cant see the video, but your always supposed to turn the engine on first, then turn the hose water on and always shut the hose water off first, then the engine. If you dont do this water would enter the engine and hydrolock it creating bigger problems. also make sure you grease the driveshift, there should be a fitting for a grease gun. if you go to www.pwctoday.com you will find the best jetski/seadoo forum with lots of help

I have been a member over at pwctoday.com for over a year but not to many people talk over there unless they know you. look for Horse Power. :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.