Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

Just a little flooring project I've been workig on..

2K views 65 replies 10 participants last post by  greeneyedbeacher 
#1 ·
It's a crappy day here today, so I'll post some pictures of a project I'm currently doing.

A Customer wanted to update their Master Bed Rm, Hallway & Spare Bed Rm. on the 2nd Floor, job started out with a popcorn ceiling,, wall to wall carpeting with 1/2" particle-board under that over a 1/2" plywood sub-floor, and room only had plug in table lamps for lighting. So some updates were in order for this part of the 20 yo house, I've done many upgrades to this house, but all outside and on the 1st floor & basement.
The popcorn ceiling was done by another contractor, he just scraped the popcorn finish off, and gave it 3 coats of compound for a smooth finish, and he did a great job. The customer did all the painting & refinished the baseboards, and I did the rest..
I wish I brought my camera before anything was done, oh well, I'm always forgetting that camera, but here's some photo's I did take of it's progress..

The floor started out with 3/4" sag in it, from where a water bed once was, so I had to use a self lever mix (3-1/2 bags worth, about 50 lbs ea) to get it level again, of course all the 1/2" particle board had to be ripped out prior to this, and the existing 1/2" plywood had to be re-nailed before the self-leveler could be used and to eliminate all the previous squeaks it had before..The master bed rm measures about 300 sq ft with 3 closets..
Here the leveler is down, and now getting ready for the next step.

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Here an additional layer of 3/8" plywood is glued down with PL-400 and nailed with galv 2-1/2" ring-shank nails to give me a strong 7/8"thick sub-floor, all new plywood was staggered totally different from the previous layer for additional strength., now I'm ready to under-cut all the door casings and jams.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.