you for starting this new forum.
I was one of the first regulars at OSO.
I wish you the very best in getting
this forum up and running.

Wildthing :cool:

·
Super Goon At Large
6,103 Posts
Welcome aboard..........................................

·
Registered
70,398 Posts
Wildthing,welcome. I agree . I am a member elsewhere,and I think I too became a lurker. I am having a lot of fun here so far ,and hope it stays that way. Here you cant even swear,it automaticaly blocks it . Believe me I tried:laugher:

Anyway,good to see ya here.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hey Jeff,
Nice site,You need to tell people when you start these things.Drop me a line when you get a chance.

Jim

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
sorry...

I was going to give you a call this weekend buddy. I have been a little busy lately :)

ps: Im ready with your website hosting if you're still interested. It took a while longer to put the deal together but you can host on the same fast servers that this site is on...

I'll call you

- jeff

·
Founding Member
923 Posts
I agree, and guilty of being in those volleyball matches.

However, if you're going to play "volleyball", it's much better to play BEACH Volleyball, wouldn't you say? I think many are ready for summer to begin.

I wish Jeff J not only success, but some luck (luck always helps) to come along with it and not only in getting this board up, running, and doing the extras he plans for the board, but also the same going after that new 38 Sunsation he's probably already built on paper. :)

I do notice how things have changed "on other boards" and become less cordial. I have a lot to learn though, and any source to help that gigantic effort (I have A LOT to learn..LOL!) is awesome.

When it comes to boats,"it's all good", but many have different opinions based on experiences. To share those experiences without condemnation is the key.

I'll add that I happen to currently own one of the most disrespected boats on certain forums. One of the more common comments about them, well, I'll just say to those folks "get out your rulers". it's 32' long from bow to stern :)

Mark

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
38 Sunsation ?

hmmmm....

I'm from Missouri - the show me state.

Right now I'm lusting after a 37' Active Thunder or the right 35' Fountain if one comes along. However, I have not stepped foot on an Active Thunder but have seen a few.

I can tell you that I really love my 288 Sunsation. It is going to be a real hard act to follow.... real hard... :)

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
32fever, some of the bashing stems from envy but most of it is because you guys are such great targets.:D It's easy to push your buttons. Just mention the beak and say the boats are short and you guys go off the deep end. :) Most of us are just messin with you and don't mean anything by it. I too, have noticed a different atmosphere here and hope we can maintain it.

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
beak boats...

yea, I think the beaks add a distinctive mark on a boat. I like Fountains...

I almost bought a 35 Lightning last year....
It was a screamer... 95mph+ boat.
Had second thoughts and canceled the deal ater I realized the engine would probably only go one more season until the needed to be rebuilt. Plus the thought of burnng 60 gph (when fuel prices were rocketing toward $2/gal) gave me cause for concern.

It all worked out in the end because I really LOVE MY SUNSATION.

- JEFF

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thanks for the site JeffJ!:D

I just found it this morning while over on TeamBaja Marine looking for the link to Hawkeye Boats.

This BB is fast! Much faster than OSO.....and I'm on dial up!

Also....thanks JeffJ for making the Pantera avatar when you were at OSO.

Good luck with the board, we'll all help make it a success. Here's to a great summer! Only five more Fridays until the first ride of the season!

Bruce

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Thirsty....

You know I live Pantera's. Karen and I were about this ---> .
close to buying Brian Shaboski's 28 footer. It had an HP 500 engine an it was really nice. What made me change my mind was that I could get a new Sunsation for a about 10k more and not have to worry about buying a used boat.

I do love Pantera's. Jo builds a fantastic boat.

We are happy that you're here and perhaps you can post a few pics of your boat in the Pantera forum to get this started.

thanks again for joining.

- jeff

1 - 14 of 14 Posts