Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
This may be totally wrong, but I've always washed mine in soapy water, rinsed them really well and then spayed the element with a ligh coating of filter oil.

Please wait for other feedback in case you're thinking of trying my method. I only do this because I use to use k&n filter on my old race bikes and the k&n guy that used to show up at race tracks told me to clean them this way...

- jeff

·
Registered
250 Posts
Soapy water works fine, use dish soap to degrease a little better

Filter oil is thin oil, like trans fluid or Marvel Mystery oil.

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Call me silly, but why dont you put it back in dirty ( not the end of the world ) get the right stuff then do it !!!???? :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Most auto parts stores sell filter oil. It always comes in a spray cans since that's how you have to apply it. I have a can of it leftover from my motorcycle racing days.

If there are any motorcycle shops or dealers near by that sell dirt bikes you can be sure you'll find it there since the dirt bikes guys HAVE TO HAVE THIS STUFF!

- jeff

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info guys, it's Monday morn and I just read the rest of your posts. Hey Obnoxus that makes sense now, but I already used dish soap and will be looking for filter oil today.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts