Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the run was today. They had some really nice and fast boats there. I didn't do the run because it was my sons 10th B-day(did the family thing, should be good for some bonus points in the future). Any way we did run with them a little bit. It was pretty rough and the big boys were flying (couple of 42 Fountains and some really big cats, even a batboat). The funny thing is, as were going the helicopter filming the event come down and starts filming me, go figure. Here is this nut with his girlfriend(might as well be my wife), (in the custom made Passenger restraint seat-see my photos) and two kids (yes they had life preservers on) flying thru 3-4' chop in this little Baja Hammer doing 60 mph. I had an Outlaw 33 about 100 yards to my port side for about 10 miles. Anyhow the dude in the chopper flys in above and ahead of us and starts filming. I give him a high speed (as fast as my little boat will go) pass. Must have looked awesome from up there and from the Outlaw(dude came up and was giving me the "thumbs up" and the "get some": tomahawk chop. In between catching some serious air a few times,I slow down a little and I give him a nice wave. The cool thing was Tracy (my g/f) that it was cool haulin-butt and catching air as long as the chopper was there. After it left she wanted to slow down, they boys didn't. Well here come the bad part, I tell her to take the camera and take some pics. I said I would slow down. She chickened out on me. Next time I will make sure to have one of my No-Fear buds with me to take pics. I will get some of the photos and post them when they come out.

·
Registered
70,399 Posts
jimgoog,sounds like a great outing. Bet you son will remember his 10th birthday...

I bet the helicopter was trying to get a picture of your hood ornament:laugher:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could have been, (note to self:make her ride in the backseat facing aft so she can tell me were the other boats are) but it was safely secured in the PRS(see new passenger seat , in my photos). I thought I might get some new ones today (that was my plan anyhow). Until I saw all the boats haulin-butt and the testosterone took over. I just had to go and run with them. She liked it. I would have done the run (probably been the slowest boat, and smallest too), but who cares, I would have at least "been on the playing field and not just up in the bleachers".

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Glad you had a good time !!!

·
Premium Member
6,152 Posts
It is not all that bad having a small boat, mine is 21ft and I run with the bigger boats out here, in fact if I don't show up for the little get to gathers, they wonder where the heck I am!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts