Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I trust you are well.

I am moving towards buying a new EVO 28 with Merc 600 SCI with ITS and Sportmaster shorty lowerunit. If I am correct the boat runs 90 mph on the lake. How much does it run in salt water and sea level?

The gas prices in Norways is now insane. You have to pay 12 USD for a gallon. Do you know how much gallon per hour a Merc 600 Sci consumes at 3000, 3500 and 4.000 rpms?

I have put my current boat up for sale (Phantom 25 with twin Merc 2.5 EFI SS engines - 2 x 300 hp each), and as soon its sold, then its off to Calif!

Thanks!

Cheeers, Toffen G :D

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Beautiful Phantom!

Really like Your Phantom. If gas prices are scaring You and You want a poker run machine, I'll trade You my 1988 Flying Flipper for the Phantom and some kroner. Another boat that's interesting is the Volvo Race Team's 1994 B28 race boat that was converted to pleasure use by Bobby Moore and Guardado Marine for a nice guy back east. See photo. It's an alternative to the Lavey Craft and it's single engine also. It will also give You less fuel cost for equal speed over the EVO. Chuck that owns her is spending most of his boating in a large Formula these days.

Lars

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
My 1988 Flying Flipper.

Hallo Toffen,
my special built 1988 Flying Flipper (stronger and heavier lay-up). Originally the second Flying Flipper "Flippin' Eck" P-51 ordered by famed British offshore racers; late John Baker and Mike Lloyd (Director of Round Britain 2008). She took part in this years Round Britain Race as "Northern Spirit".

Lars

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Back in the day.

She ran two seasons and was then stored away in Maurice Williamson's collection. She was finally aquired two years ago and rigged with the latest available equipment. This was back in the day.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts