Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 20 of 499 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Come on scarab guys lets get the ball rolling. I know there is a least one other scarab owner on this site. Sunsation is way ahead and I know this site is partial to sunsations, (just kidding Jeff) I know you were a Scarab owner once but I won't tell anyone.:p: :p: :p: :p:

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Dude... I'm proud of owning that Scarab. It was a really cool boat. It's in great hands nowadays because it's owned by Keith of the Chesapeake Power Boat Association and he keeps it looking great.

- jeff

·
Premium Member
7,061 Posts
MAXPERF, so tell us about your latest project... what you guys been working on all winter... what're we gonna see you flying by in this season??? :chase:

·
Registered
753 Posts
Welcome to the board

I've got 1997 26 Scarab.
It's got a 540ci motor that is making around 670hp. the best speed to date has been 80.1 on GPS.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Here is a picture of my friends boat.

It is a 95 (?) Larry Smith Scarab , former "b" class boat and I think it won a national event once.
It has twin 565ci motors putting out 725hp a piece. I've been 98mph in this boat.

Attachments

·
Super Goon At Large
6,103 Posts
Welcome to the site MikeScarab28xlt.....Nice looking boat so you are in germany? I bet you have the only Scarab around :D :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Fellow european

Hello Mikescarab28xlt

I´m a fellow Scarab owner from Denmark..

Nice looking boat you got there.

I got a 98 Scarab 22 with a 7.4 MPI

Scarabs are a rare sight around here as well.. too bad..

Keep cool.

Jochum

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
DAMN - that's a beautiful boat!

You like that Bimini top I had made?
That thing set me back $750 in 1991. It was built really well with really good fabric just for YOUR boat.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Jeff,

Irony is when I bought the boat, I was half tempted to take the spot light and the bimini off!!! :D I wanted all the sun!!! But some friends told me to wait a few months before removing either accessory.

There's no way in hell I'd have one of these boats WITHOUT a bimini now, simply incredible. And the spot light has helped me avoid a few markers at 2AM.

You wouldn't simply believe how good condition the boat is in, the bimini, the motors, the cockpit cover, etc, all original 1990!!

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
that spot light went on because we made a few trips back from rock hall in the dark - dodging crab pots coming out of Rock Hall and along the north east river. The channel is clean up to turkey point from rock hall.

I was tempted to put one on the sunsation...but I bought night vision goggles instead - we'll see how they work this summer.

- jeff

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I thought I would post since there hasnt been any activity here. Come on Scarab guys.

1 - 20 of 499 Posts