Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Banned
69,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It goes,I had 260 hp it went 50mph added a 330 hp and a bravo it went 60mph back to 250hp now and bought a fastech 271 cant wait for summer.Its for sale for 6k with a 04 merc 350 ci and I had it 11 years now and will miss it. What power do you have? I like the colors. Jim

Attachments

· BANNED
13,528 Posts
Last June had New Heads, Ports cleaned up, Springs, roller rockers ect. Running 6 lb. boost on the Whipple, will do 80. Have a four blade Bravo w/26p labed prop.
Trying to sell, so I can go bigger. Want something with Twins.

Nice looking Formula you have. :D

Jake

Oh yeah; Has GPS Speedo. On stock one would read 86-87. That really felt good. :p:

· BANNED
13,528 Posts
fastech271 said:
Thinking of exhaust, may try Revolution Marine exhaust know anything about them set up about $1500 with risers
Can`t say that I do. Actually when I was having the engine work done, I asked about different exhaust. Mech. said with the Whipple, I would gain maybe 1-2 MPH. All ready spent enough money, so I stayed with stock.

What power and speeds you running??

· BANNED
13,528 Posts
I have IMCO Hydraulic steering on mine, makes a big diff. If your going to play the High HP game, a good drive, and hyd. steering is a must.
Just my .02

Had a lot of guys tell me stepped hulls can be tricky. Haven`t had any problems. Had a 22 ft. Checkmate 454 Bravo drive that danced a little, put tabs on it and it helped a lot.

If you only had the Formula a short time, you will get use to it. I think they`re a great ride. :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.