Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals.
I am new here and just bought a older Four Winns Liberator. Just wondering if any of you had any info or knew anything about them. I would appreciate any info.
Thank you,
musso

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
I almost bought one from a guy on ebay last year. I hated to turn it down because it had a brand new 454 in it. It seemed like a really spacious boat for it's length.

Karen and I drove to Long Island (2 hours) to do the deal and I had cash in my pocket, but the hull had way too many stress fractures for me and I turned it down...

This guy had evidently launched (airborne off waves) the thing too many times. That's what typically causes stress fractures.

oh well...

- jeff

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
JEff, was that before or after you bought the Sunsation? If it was before, it seems to have worked out for the best.:cool:

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Laster I took a few months off last winter after leaving my old company. For about 3 months I bought and sold a lot of boats and bikes on ebay. It gave me something to do in between going going snow boarding and working out. It was a lot of fun. I would have bought the Liberator to clean it up and flip it.

:) jeff

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
Four winns are made in Michigan. There are a chit load of them around here and for the most part a really nice boat. The Liberators have great looks and lots of room for the size.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts