Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Little known fact:

Jeff, your humble forum slave likes to beat people up...
more pics of yesterdays competition in the Photo Gallery

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Same here:eek: :eek: :eek: :rambo: :rambo: :rambo: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

·
Premium Member
7,061 Posts
And the pictures don't do him justice... he's so fast, the camera [photographer] couldn't keep up with most of the action! :chase:

·
Premium Member
6,152 Posts
Know wonder you don't have any problems at boat launch's :bandit: :rambo:
ducHunter

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
dang, I guess I have to stay on someones good side:eek: :eek: :D

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
Jeff, Is there anything you can't do?
Where do you find the time?

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mitch,

I'm one of those guys that can't sit still...
it's a curse....
I've been doing Tae Kwon Do since 1986 and love it.
It really is a lot of fun and the pics of competition make it look like there's really heavy contact, and most times there isn't. However one of the guys I fought yesterday rattled my teeth pretty well with a punch right on the kisser and darn near decked me. I got him back though and everyone was friends afterwards. It's a contact sport and accidents are bound to happen.

Us older guys know how to put it in perspective much better than the younger guys. We're happy to be able to compete and still get out there and mix it up. I teach it to kids one night each week at the Dojang and have been teaching since 1989. All Black Belts at our school MUST teach. No exceptions.

The student becomes the teacher who becomes the student again...

bottom line, it's a lot of fun. My long legs give me an advatage (that I always use) and being a road cycler helps out a lot too with endurance and fast twitch muscles and I have good flexibilty for those kicks to the head (Karen didn't get any of those shots).

ciao!

ps: what I can't and won't do: Jump out of a perfectly good airplane!

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
I love cycling. Matter of fact I'm planning on bringing my mountain bike with me this week to Mayland. I want to stop on the way home in the Poconos for a little r&r.

I've always wanted to jump out of an airplane, but my wife absolutely says no.:mad:

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you bring you Road Bike we can go riding around here. There are beautiful roads around here. I ride a Cannondale and Karen got a new Bianchi Veloce with CF fork right before Xmas. It's a sweet bike.

I bought a leftover Cannondale frame back in 94 and built my bike. I upgraded it a few years ago with a CF crank, Dura-Ace STI and all Ti nuts and bolts. It comes in right over 18 lbs.

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Paul,, you said you were looking for a new career,,, you can be Jeffs saprring partner !!!

·
Premium Member
7,061 Posts
Mitcher T said:
I've always wanted to jump out of an airplane, but my wife absolutely says no.:mad:
That's why Jeff and I make a such a good couple... I would jump out of an airplane... almost did twice. The day before my first jump attempt (15 years ago) a favorite Philadelphia news anchorman, who was a seasoned jumper, plunged to his death when his chute tangled with another's... I cancelled my jump. The second time I tried to go (2 years ago), I paid my money, made it through the training and was ready to go up when it started raining... the pilot called off the jump. I figured that someone's trying to send me a message, so I crossed 'jumping out of a perfectly good plane' off my list of things to do.

By the way, Jeff may not jump out of planes, but did he tell you he used to fly them??? :cool:

·
Premium Member
18,074 Posts
Mitcher T said:

This guy goes skydiving for the first time. After he jumps out of the plane, he counts to ten, pulls the ripcord, and nothing happens. Only a little worried, he pulls the cord for the auxiliary parachute, but unfortunately, the chute still does not appear. As he is plummeting toward the Earth, he sees a woman coming up the other way. He shouts to her "Do you know anything about parachutes?" "No", she says, "do you know anything about gas stoves?"

:laugher:

·
Super Goon At Large
6,103 Posts
Man Jeff you are into it all huh? My guess is I would want you on my side in a fight huh??? if not are ya bullet proof????????:D :D :D

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
no one is bullet proof...

but for those situations I own a Colt 45 Combat Commader....

I just wish I had the money to also buy a Gold Cup series back in 1978 when I bought the Combat Commander. The Gold Cups are worth a lot of money these days.

I think I spent $400 for the Combat Commander. I don't think they've gone up much in value over the years.

- jeff

1 - 20 of 24 Posts