Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
241 Posts
You've got a tough range for a Cig to fill in the used boat market. Bullets are a rated 31' and the next size up is a Cafe Racer at 35'. More current models include a 30' Mystique. There are a few and I mean only a few 33's out there. I have one and love it. If your looking for used, my guess is that you'd be satisfied with a Bullet as they ride like a much larger boat.

GOOD LUCK WITH THE HUNT!! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,

I only ask becouse I was looking to buy a Scarab, called the guy he said it had been sold but he has a 32' Cigarette comming in. I didnt know that 32' Cigarettes were uncommon.

Sulfur1
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
27,558 Posts
skramer please post a link to your ad in the free classifieds or we'll have to remove your posts - as per forum rules.

thanks

- jeff
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
387 Posts
Speedwake said:
skramer please post a link to your ad in the free classifieds or we'll have to remove your posts - as per forum rules.

thanks

- jeff
Hey Jeff does that cover it if not let me know. Thanks Scott
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,502 Posts
Skramer, hows the install going...I haven't recieved my stuff yet... man I wish I had a place to work on the boat over winter... wheres yours @..??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
387 Posts
Scarab3DMC said:
Skramer, hows the install going...I haven't recieved my stuff yet... man I wish I had a place to work on the boat over winter... wheres yours @..??
Hey Dave, I got the wrong instructions and I'm waiting for the right measurements to put the outside brackets. I want to make sure I do it right like you said. I keep my boat in the front of my shop with my two brothers.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,502 Posts
Scott.. with the drives straight...tie bar set (the new tiebar is a beefy mofo)...wing plates installed ...don't you attach the rams to wing plates cylinders no more than 1/2 out ???..I had to go inside the drives with mine because of the TRS / trannies... shoot some pics...wanna see how she looks.... what no paint work this year...I'm jealous of your storage!!!...anybody hear from Frank ?? how is "Pocket Change" coming ??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
387 Posts
Scarab3DMC said:
Scott.. with the drives straight...tie bar set (the new tiebar is a beefy mofo)...wing plates installed ...don't you attach the rams to wing plates cylinders no more than 1/2 out ???..I had to go inside the drives with mine because of the TRS / trannies... shoot some pics...wanna see how she looks.... what no paint work this year...I'm jealous of your storage!!!...anybody hear from Frank ?? how is "Pocket Change" coming ??
I talked to Frank Monday he said they cut the hole in the transom and hung the drives. Everything was perfect. She should be ready for spring. I painted my motors if that counts. :laugher:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
sulfur 1 said:
Thanks,

I only ask becouse I was looking to buy a Scarab, called the guy he said it had been sold but he has a 32' Cigarette comming in. I didnt know that 32' Cigarettes were uncommon.

Sulfur1
In 1971 Aronow made some 32 footers that were made from the Cary molds that he used to make "The Cigarette" race boat.

Bill Wishnick had one and Vicenzo Baelestieri had one too...he sold it to Hal Sahlman who set a world speed record with it at 88MPH. He called it "Little Cigarette". Photo below shows how the deck was cut down to reduce weight.

The 32's were just a stop gap until the 36's were finished....once the 36's became available, no more 32's were sold or asked for.

More info on the HORBA website

www.historicraceboats.com
 

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top