Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any body seen these things. They stand on a pole that you place between your front seats or so, and the square umbrella opens for sun shade and then ties to four cleats. I had a friend with us this weekend and come Sunday afternoon he was hiding down below for the shade. Thats no good! I haven't looked yet. Thought you guys may have seen them on a site somewhere. Can some one point me?

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I should see it before the weekend. Small world the guy I was talking to had the same last name as I. I'm just worried....I gave him my visa #.

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
My buddy bought an anchor shade earlier this year. I saw him this weekend, and there is a seam coming apart already. He isn't happy with it at all, says it is cheaply made.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Man am I glad you posted that link. I was going to give Kchotboat $220.00 to pick me one up at WestMarine this weekend at LOTO.

I just ordered mine......I wish there were more colors to pick from.....but I just saved $130.00........that = more boat gas bucks.:) :)

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What color did you go with? I went with the white, my boat is black and gold so I don't think I had a choice. Buddy said they can get dirty qiuck. We'll see:rambo:

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
I just ordered a Bimini Shade too. I wish it would have come in red, so I went with white. Saved $110 from the Anchor Shade.

·
Premium Member
7,061 Posts
Canada Jeff said:
What color did you go with? I went with the white, my boat is black and gold so I don't think I had a choice. Buddy said they can get dirty qiuck. We'll see:rambo:
Jeff's anchor shade has held up really well - it still looks as good as the first time we used it, but we are careful with it... we put it up only after we've docked and take it down before we cast-off, always storing it in its pouch. I think you're right that the white might get dirty-looking, but it could probably be washed with soap and water to keep it clean. Jeff's is teal (wish they offered purple), and so far it doesn't show any sign of wear or stains... this is its 2nd season.

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think I'm alot like Jeff when it comes to keeping my boat clean. Just from reading other post I get the feeling he is as anal as me. I mean I've even got the fender covers to prove it!:laugher: When buddy told me they get dirty quick I didn't pay much attention:rolleyes: . Like you say Green, Put them up when you stop and take them down before you leave, should be common sense;) .
But there is always one!

·
Premium Member
7,061 Posts
Canada Jeff said:
I think I'm alot like Jeff when it comes to keeping my boat clean. Just from reading other post I get the feeling he is as anal as me. I mean I've even got the fender covers to prove it!:laugher:
Well, Sunsations are such beautiful boats, you HAVE to keep them clean! :D

Fender covers are on the list for Jeff, too. I wanted purple to match the boat, but haven't found purple ones yet... I may wind-up having to make them myself. Jeff gets out the Soft Scrub and cleans his bumpers... they come up as white as the day they were bought! Is that what you'd call anal??? ;) :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts