Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question, Has anybody herd, or know for a fact, if the low water pickup Bravo 1's are slower than the regulars. All last season a couple of buddy's were trying to explain to me that they are 1 to 2 MPH slower. I personaly don't beleive this. You guy's?:confused:

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
I would be surpised to find LWP bravos are any slower. I certainly think they're better looking. I had a brand new one in my hands last year for about a week, but sold it. The new owner loves it.

I was warned by a bunch of local not to use one where I boat because the water is often shallow and mucky...

supposedly they're more prone to getting clogged...

- jeff

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't think there was any truth to it. Your right on the clogging, speaking from expirience, not hard. Have to trim way up if there is any doubt of it being shalow or sandy.

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
I think you are mistaking them with the XR drive with the straight cut gears,,, you will lose a little with those.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hey Jeff, I have one on my boat. Can't say it is any faster or slower(looks cooler), but you do have to watch out in shallow water. I dont know how far that thing could suck water up from and dont care to find out. Most guys don't like them because they suck up mud and sand in shallow water. I have not had any problems yet (I do pay close attention to the depth) and I boat in Kentucky lake for know. It is very shallow and alot of sand bars in the middle of the lake. My advice, get a lake map and pay attention to the depth. I guess the thing was designed so you can trim the Boat "way up". I get mine pretty Loose (99 Baja Hammer) but after a while you lose the benefits of gaining speed. Godd for a last few MPH though.

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Just be careful,,, "way up" is pretty hard on the U-joints

1 - 7 of 7 Posts