Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lower unit is stuck in the up position. It has been up for about a year now. When I tried to lower it...make all the noisy like it is lowering but no enchilada still up. Any suggestions on where to start.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Did you do what Ghart said.?? did it ever run low on fluid before,?? if so, it could of got air in the system, and then you would need to bleed it out. But do as ghart said 1st, if that dosn't do anything, disconnect the hoses and try pushing it down by hand, if that doesn't do anything, your rams are frozen and will need to be overhauled or replaced.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fyhr Factor said:
Did you do what Ghart said.?? did it ever run low on fluid before,?? if so, it could of got air in the system, and then you would need to bleed it out. But do as ghart said 1st, if that dosn't do anything, disconnect the hoses and try pushing it down by hand, if that doesn't do anything, your rams are frozen and will need to be overhauled or replaced.

I haven’t tried it yet it’s been raining I will to get to it soon Thanks

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
goebel1 said:
Lower unit is stuck in the up position. It has been up for about a year now. When I tried to lower it...make all the noisy like it is lowering but no enchilada still up. Any suggestions on where to start.
I have taken both trim arms off and tried going up and down. Either arm will move. At the pump you can feel the hose pressure up when you try to go up and when try going down you can feel the pressure release???

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ghart said:
Ram may be the problem. Detach one at a time and see if it moves.
OK did what you said still no up or down. I could feel the hose pressure up. So I reverse the hoses to see if I could get to go down and surprise to me it work then I reverse them back and it is working just fine now. Thanks for you help.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Every now and then one of ours will stick. Have found a small piece of debris or even a small barnacle will hold it in place. We have either raised it all the way and cleaned the rams with WD-40 or in a real bind lower it and then stand on it to get it to go down the rest of the way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.