Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The boat above is only a single engine. That was quite common in the old days as the race courses were very long distances and fuel economy was always a factor.

But later on, the boats ran twin small block 350's and TRS drives, with Speedmaster lower units.

Attachments

·
Registered
70,399 Posts
I believe the old Seminole Spirit is now rotting in a parking lot in NJ. After Seminole, it raced as "Shock Wave", and then "Power Hungry". If anyone is interested, I could find out more info....

·
Registered
85 Posts
Always enjoy looking at your vintage pics, very cool, keep them coming.
I found an old VHS tape from the 70's called "Beyond the Bermuda Triangle" It was taped off like a PBS style station. My point being Magnum most have threw some money into because there are alot of scenes with the 27 magnum running in it.... Porbably 4-5 minutes out of the movie of the 27 running, pretty sweet.
There's a yellow one with the bubble on the deck at the beginning for like a minute, and then a great looking redish orange one torwards the end tearing around, pretty sweet. Do you know of the movie?
If you have the technology I think it would be pretty cool to cut the magnum parts out and post here, but i dont know how

·
Registered
85 Posts
The movie itself sucks, pretty "cheesy" but It's pretty cool to see the magnums in their in all original condition, and then to see them running...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Magnum Malcolm said:
I believe the old Seminole Spirit is now rotting in a parking lot in NJ. After Seminole, it raced as "Shock Wave", and then "Power Hungry". If anyone is interested, I could find out more info....
Yes please. more information on this boat.

We will be having our first event in New York on June 16th and 17th. The NYC Poker Run with a special class for the old offshore race boats..... and I am sure many new people will be interested in findng and restoring these boats.

So a boat like this with history in a close location, New Jersey, would be very useful information.

Hope to see many of you at the Poker Run.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I agree.....but I would ad this.......

I think ALL 27 Sports should be saved. I am in the Porsche restoration business and I equate the 27 Sport to the Carrera RSs and RSRs of the 70's..........they are rare and a lot of them have been raced.

Aaron

1 - 13 of 13 Posts