Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey seems like i remember seeing something way back when about a site that was kinda like mapquest except for boats. You could input your starting point and destination then it would plot your course telling you miles etc.

at the time I think it was only in the trials. Has anyone heard of or seen this lately. I have a couple routs I would like to plot

thanks

·
I've Survived Everything!
12,273 Posts
I remember the thread but will tell you nothing beats Garmin Blue Charts on CD then upload the map with your course onto the MapSourse chip.

Just my 2 cents backed by experience.

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
ghart said:
I remember the thread but will tell you nothing beats Garmin Blue Charts on CD then upload the map with your course onto the MapSourse chip.

Just my 2 cents backed by experience.
I have Map Source and have to agree with ghart

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Can the Roads and Recs Mapsource approx 6 yrs old work with the Nuvi street GPS of today?

My R&R cd I have for my older Garmin GPS has more detail than my Nuvi as far as water routes.

Not sure if they are compatible and don't want to buy the new maps for my Nuvi. (Not much use to spend the money)
Thanks

·
I've Survived Everything!
12,273 Posts
don't want to buy the new maps for my Nuvi. (Not much use to spend the money)
Thanks [/B]

I bought the Map update for my Nuvi200 and it didn't work! Map only loaded to 87% and had an error message that I had to remove files to make room in my Nuvi for the update to load, you would think the update program would do that!

Long story short, I have deleted all the files Garmine instructed me to do and still can't get the maps to load on my Nuvi!

Worse yet, now the Nuvi wont work at all!

I bought this update because of how great the maps on CD work on my Garmine GPS on the boat, the Nuvi maps are a whole different thing!

I'm waiting for Garmine to tell me what we do next! My Nuvi is not a year old yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts