Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received some new purple mooring ropes for boat from Rope Works and received this flier on Collinite Marine Wax. On the back of flier it has report from powerboat may 1994 issue that claims that collinite wax being better of Meguiar’s. Just wondering what everyone else uses to wax, clean, and detail your boats. Read in earlier post about simple green, I have never used it before, wife said she has some in her cleaning supplies and I would know this if I help cleaning around the house instead of the boat, truck etc.:oops: :oops:
Any and all reply’s appreciated.

Thanks

Brian

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
I use Meguiar’s. Never tried the Collinite.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
If the Meguiar's Flagship works as well as their auto wax I'd stick with the Meguiar's.
I've used Mothers Wax on our cars for a long time and recently tried the Meguiar's on the recomendation of the detail manager at a local Ford dealership. I was very surprised how easy it went on and wiped off. Finish looks real good too.

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
SAme here, I use Meguires Falgship. Works great, I never heard of Collins,,, can't hurt to try it though,,, someone has to be the guiny pig !!!!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Both work well, but I prefer the Flagship. Seems to last a little longer and a little easier going on. As for cleaners try Greased Lightning, I just got some and man does it clean stuf well. It is kind of harsh on the hands though.

·
Super Goon At Large
6,103 Posts
Well I have been using some stuff called Zaino Brothers for many years, it is show quality stuff and to say the least it is awesome. It really makes the paint look 10 feet deep. I have it on my BMW and Truck and have strted to put it on the boat I have done the top deck so far, but I will get around to finishing it some day!! here check em out

www.zainobros.com

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
I use the Collinite marine paste on the boat,car,truck and sleds. It's a little tough to work with but it lasts forever. I think it's worth the extra effort.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts