Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
70,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) Just wondering what everyones plans are for this weekend. A few of us want to know where the hot spots are on Lake St. Clair. Thats if the weather does some changing, of course.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Should the weather here in Chicago ever reach above 65°, maybe I can go boating. It is going to be 75° on Thursday, does me no good, then 50's over the weekend, AGAIN. I love Chicago area, born and raised, but this really SUX! Have a good weekend everyone.

·
Registered
70,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea vegas,I know what you mean. Was in the mid 90's for the last week where I was and I came back to a 45 degree drop. I know what you mean,love Chicago,weather does suck lately.

Where around Chi-town do you reside? I am in Lemont.Do you boat on the big pond?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Northern Subs. Boat not bigger enough, yet. Was planning on buying a Baja this year, but the deal fell through. Lake Geneva, the chain of lakes and a couple of small lake in the area. I may try the big pond on a good day, if we ever get one.

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
The way the weather has been, we'll probably be snowmobiling up on Tug Hill. We,ve had flurries on and off the last 3 days.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Come on... the weathers gotta change!!! right! forecast for the weekend looks good so far...... boatnut, you back in Lamont yet?? I'm gonna be in Homewood on Wednesday......Crmax, you gonna splash that Scarab this weekend?? I'll be out on Erie!! let me know...Dave:confused: :D ;)

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
This weather sucks !!!!! Need to move to Arizona !!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
70,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, Nobody is helping me out...Isnt there anyone from the Lk. St. Clair area? I know the weather is not looking too good here either, but just checking to see if anyone out there is going to brave the cold and go boating...I am ready for summer and its not looking too good at this point.

·
Premium Member
7,061 Posts
Sorry I can't help you with Lk St Clair, but if it makes you feel any better we're having the same problem with the weather here in the Northeast. We've had weekdays in the 80's, but the weekends have been either cold or rainy. Even if the weather does warm up for the holiday weekend, I have to work all weekend, UGH! :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
70,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey there Greeneyed, sorry that you have to work. But it seems that most of us will be finding some fun on land. Will be too cold to be out on the water. Will fall back on the good ol' Memorial Day BBQue's....

·
Premium Member
18,074 Posts
Hey Boathottie, stick around and someone will actually get to your question. sooner or later.
These threads always take big left and right turns, but usually veer back to the middle. Thats where all the fun comes in, you never know whats coming next, especially when the Bnut is aboard ! :D
Its only Monday, so hang in there ! :)

·
Registered
70,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey stuchamp, thanks for the info....Kinda figured that out by reading other posts. Its true about "Ist only monday, so hang in there" this is Mich we are talking about....

·
Premium Member
18,074 Posts
No better here in Hawkeye Land. Will be on the water Friday, rain or shine. Then its back home to watch the "500"!
Memorial weekend really gets crowded on the Ole Miss and too many crazies out there. Need big water like where you are ! :)

·
chief bottle washer
1,561 Posts
Were going to rough up the Muddy Mo Saturday - Monday. This weekend wasn't bad, just a little windy. It's never nice in NE on Memorial Day weekend, as long as it doesn't rain and we have decent temps the weekend will work out. Everyone be safe......and take some pics for the gallery! Boathottie, are we are still waiting for that pic or did I miss it?

·
Registered
70,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey eddie,
Sorry, still no pic, so you didnt miss anything. Either way, by land or water, I can have fun doing just about anything.

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Better yet,,,, trailer to Chicago and you can go boating with me, Mrs. ob,,, boatnut and his wife !!!

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I'm headin' to Kerr Reservoir in south central Virginia for a weekend of camping and kick ass boating. Gonna meet a few Richmond Powerboat Association (RPBA) fella's and draggin' along a few Hampton roads Powerboat Association (HRPA) bubba's with me. We're staying at North Bend Park on the north shore next to the dam. Man I can't wait! A couple of us are bringin' the git-tars too for some camp fire music after a long day of spankin' bass boats and playin' horse shoes up on a sand bar......:rambo: :gunner:

Rick
www.HRPA.homestead.com/homepage.html

·
Registered
70,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
H2X, Did you happen to make it to LakeCharles, La. for the Contraband festival? I was beached at the island next to the LC bridge and saw a bunch of TX. boats come in. One looked to be an H2X.
Dan

1 - 20 of 27 Posts