Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My trim pump is leaking oil and has been for a bit, finally got tired of it and want to fix it for good. Seems the oil is leaking from the seam between the pump motor and the plastic tank. I spent a little time playing with it the other night and saw that it does not fit real tight. Is that normal? Should there be a gasket in there? How does it come off so I can check this out? Does anyone else have this problem????????

Have a good Holiday and thanks for any insight you guys have.:bandit:

·
Registered
259 Posts
If it is for your trim tabs, mine does too. I even cut the hose off and re-attached it. If have the insta-trim brand. Tabs work fine, I just keep it right above the add line.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Jim. Nope, it's for the drive trim, and it is leaking where the clear plastic tank meets the black metal pump. Seems to be kind of lose, but then I never really looked at any of my other boats' pumps because they didn't leak. Wondering if there is a way to tighten this seam or weather or not there should be a gasket in there and it is missing or damaged. Any one with an idea i'd sure like to hear it. Will talk to my marina when I'm up there next. Thanks again Jim.

·
Registered
136 Posts
i would give checkmate a call and ask for Mike in parts. they have been super for me to deal with. cant say enough about how good they treat me and i bought my boat used at that.

Rob

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
SPLASHER,
There is a large o-ring between the tank and the pump. The fit is definitely not the best. You may want to check and see if the o-ring hasn't split or moved out of place. Also Lyall Turbosonic make some nice leak proof caps.
Dan

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Candyman, I'll check that O ring tonight. Getting tired of wiping up oil every time I run the darn thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts