Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently told that someone is manufacturing a conversion kit for the TRS drive that allows the use of the TRS gimbal housing to mount a Bravo drive on it. Sounded like it was sort of an extension box set-up.
Unfortunately, I never found out who is making this.

In that someday (hopefully later rather than sooner) the TRS drives on the Stinger will give out, I've been surfing looking for this kit, but haven't been able to find anything even remotely close.

Has anybody here actually come across this item, or is this another TALL tale?:confused

Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When will you see me on the water?? Dunno!

Supposed to have the rest of the parts to put the raceboat back together come in today (new exhaust manifolds and oil coolers, among others) so that we can get the boat back in the water and start the break-in procedure. We are going to miss the St. Clair race, but are hoping to run the Cleveland race.

I've looked at the pictures of your boat that Boatnut posted a while back, but haven't seen you out on the rare times when I've been out.

If you know you're coming out east near the Chagrin, give me a yell and stop by -- I'm usually around, but buried inside the raceboat.
Be an excellent excuse for a break!!
:D :D

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
WHERES YOUR SPOT ON THE CHAGRIN? I'm always up there ... I get fuel at the dock...anchor alot at white sands...gonna be around for the race next week??? my Scarab was docked in Mentor when Frank Ferenchek owned it...he's has a 38 Top gun now(POCKET CHANGE)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Stelling make the standoff box conversion. I'm not sure what it all does.

Mercury makes a plate that bolts on the transom and than the bravo gimbal bolts to that you have to still move the motors back and remove the tranmission.

Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.