Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you for for allowing me into the forum. I have an all-original 1996 Blackhawk Donzi 22 with a 502 mag and am looking to improve the engine performance. The motivation is to use this power to oveecone the added drag from my trim tabs. The boat runs about 80mph now, but I don’t feel I have enough stability. This added power should allow more boat in the water at that same speed.

My goal is to achieve a normally-aspirated 650 hp (est) on 93 pump fuel. I will use MarineTorq manifolds (we are a dealer for them) as they have a good flow, an anti-reversion cone and a 10-year warranty (requires regular 6mo check on anodes).

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thank you for for allowing me into the forum. I have an all-original 1996 Blackhawk Donzi 22 with a 502 mag and am looking to improve the engine performance. The motivation is to use this power to oveecone the added drag from my trim tabs. The boat runs about 80mph now, but I don’t feel I have enough stability. This added power should allow more boat in the water at that same speed.

My goal is to achieve a normally-aspirated 650 hp (est) on 93 pump fuel. I will use MarineTorq manifolds (we are a dealer for them) as they have a good flow, an anti-reversion cone and a 10-year warranty (requires regular 6mo check on anodes).
Any recommendations? I would prefer twin turbos but I hear plumbing is a nightmare. I have the time to do it, but short of technical know how. If I did maybe a 4-5 psi boost, that might work

1 - 3 of 3 Posts