Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If all goes as planned, I will be doing an extreme make-over on my Python this fall / winter. I will be painting the entire boat white, adding custom graphics and adding as much anodized bling as tastefully possible. :)

My question is --- If I buy a set of gauge bezels from say, Eddie Marine and a grab handle from Dana Marine, do you think they will match close enough to one another ? I`m thinking candy red or possibly candy blue. The reason I would be mixing up suppliers is because not everyone offers the same products and some people are less expensive than another, etc...
I may like the style of Rex Marine`s vents, but prefer the cup holders from CP Performance for example.

Has anyone done something like that ?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Reds and blue are pretty consistant assuming it is not anodized. Almost all of eddies stuff as well as others use powder or fusion coating. They start with polished aluminum or stainless and coat them with translucent powder coat. Even if all parts come from eddie they will vary slightly. The good thing is you can go to a local powder coater and have existing items coated rather than sending them out to match what you buy.

Most shops don't use anodizing because it fades in the sun.

·
Registered
443 Posts
If you are not comfortable using multiple places...most of them will sell you the items uncoated, then you can send them all to eddie and have them done to match.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
If you hold two pieces up to each other, you might be able to tell the difference. But, if the pieces are in diff. places on the boat it is not noticable.

·
Premium Member
12,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Super24 said:
If you hold two pieces up to each other, you might be able to tell the difference. But, if the pieces are in diff. places on the boat it is not noticable.

That`s kinda what I was thinking.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts