Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got off the water,,, ran into one of our friends Jimmy Watson,,, Watson Custom Marine. He is now the dealer for Awesome Powerboats Catamarans. He had a 38' cat demo boat out today with twin 575 SC's in it. Beautiful boat, after hanging around at Hammond for a while he says, Jen and I are going for a ride,,, wanna go,,,,,, DUH !!!!! Well it took about 5 minutes to get down town,,, what a boat !!! 90+ MPH across Lake Michigan !!!! The boat did 101 on Gps at Poker Runs of Americas test with 34 labbed props on it,,, we were running 32's today,, 5200 Rpm at about 3/4 throttle !!!!! The only downside is I then had to get into my tiny 27 footer and putt home at a measly 72 MPH.

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
Hey if it makes you feel better,at least you have a boat that does 72mph. I'll be splashing my 40 mph slug tomorrow and have 2 extra people with me. I hope the damn thig can get up on plane:(

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
whos comming with? We can throw that relay on in the parking lot if you want.

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NO prob,,, I got it in the truck,,, bring the tiewraps.

·
Banned
70,398 Posts
1boatnut is now even:D
I took a ride in the same cat today.It was a cool experience.
As a V boat owner,you can really feel the difference in the ride.Kinda weird.I was sitting in the back right in the middle,so I really felt the air under the boat. Like I said,it was a very different feeling than a V.......

Anyways,like I said in Florida,stand around the docks long enough and someone is bound to give yoe a ride. If this works out,I might just sell my boat:laugher: NAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not even yet,,, we still went faster yesterday !!!!!:p: :p: :p:

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good point !! I'll give you that one,,,, BUT,,, I hold the copped ride top speed !!!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
I've only ridden in 1 cat so far. That was Bitch'n it is definetly a different feeling.

I supposed to go for a ride in my brothers buddies 46 Skater. that shoould be cool

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Paul,,, now we need a ride in a 38 foot V hull to compare !!!! Mark,,, you know anyone with a 38 foot V hull willing to give us a ride !!!????:winker: :winker: :winker:

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
so tell me.... did it feel like it took a little longer to get a cat up on plane than a Vhull?

that is what I've always heard.

- jeff

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not really,,,, he didnt mash the throttles down, but it seemed to come on plane pretty easy,,, I did catch a hint of blowout if he tried to come up to hard. But anyboat that heavy running Bravos ( XR'S ) should take it easy out of the hole anyway !!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Dennis and Paul you guys are welcome any time. It runs its best if there some waves out there. So we'll need to get you out in the lake.
It's kind of boring in the calm water.

Mark

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Next time there are small craft warnings well be over !!!!!

How many more hours till you get to open up the new power?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts