Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We hit 85mph in Jeff's 22ft Stinger... What's the top speed of your boat?
:chase:

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
what she's not saying is that both of us were sitting about 2 inches higher in our seats after a few seconds at that speed in that boat.....

in a word scary! scary! scary! scary! scary! scary! scary! scary!

·
Premium Member
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Speak for yourself... I only got scared when you started playing chicken with the footers of that bridge! :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Premium Member
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
And I was testing the thickness of the skin on your arm with my fingernails! ;) :laugh:

Gambrinus: Yeah, but I bet you were an impressive sight at 83 in a 42! :cool:

·
Premium Member
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It may have lessened the wind resistance a bit... but then again... :eek:

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
To answer your original question - around 80 so far. See post under "Who's ready for the season yet?"

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
If anyone asks, you can just say "It'll do over 80".:cool:

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
70.1 in a 19 footer :D :D :D

·
Registered
70,399 Posts
NOT FAST ENOUGH! But like I said in another post, I'm really going for a bigger boat with alot more speed, the number doesn't mean anything to me, as long as it's fast!

·
Registered
275 Posts
In my boat Last year on N2O we hit 86, but started to chine walk I'll know more with new props later on.

Went 136 in a Skater, everything was kool until it started to dance around 130 or so my but cheeks clinched sooo hard I wish I'd had a piece of coal up my but, I'd be rich right now.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I've been 98 on my friends 31 Larry Smith Scarab,
and I was behind the wheel of another friends 28-30? Redline Cat (Team Catastrophic) and we just about it 100 when it thru a blade off of one of the props. Man that blade went thru the cavitionplate like it was butter !
And 80 in my own boat, but the thing is with all of these it still wasn't "fast enough" ! I would like to go 150 on the water someday. Anyone want to give me a ride ???:cool:

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
71.8mph gps, 4 people, full tank, 94 Sunsation aggressor with stock 502 and Mirage 25 pitch. Had the Hydrostream about 80mph, much more of a thrill in the little boat. Drove the old man's Sanger flat bottom with a 426 hemi close to 90mph when I was 14, haven't matched it yet.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts