Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
70,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The old "Buoys" bar/restaurant is now open, also a club/bar in Sylvan Beach is now open. Both have docking and seem to be boater friendly. Let's hope we all have a little money left over, after we get done pouring gas into our boats. These will make a couple of nice stops, but the old boathouse is still the best.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
The Boathouse is open every day with an exception of a holiday or two.

Is the old Buoy's open? I knew they were going to just haven't heard of anybody visiting there yet.

I haven't been to the place in the beach yet either but I did hear it might be shallow.

·
Registered
649 Posts
True, maybe I'll see you some Wed. or Thurs. Night??

·
Registered
10,224 Posts
BIG SMOKE said:
The old "Buoys" bar/restaurant is now open, also a club/bar in Sylvan Beach is now open.
Old Bouys is now Calypso Cay and it is open with dockage on the river. AT Sylvan beach end, the old Fred and Ida's is now Hollyrock Cafe. I was there opening night and it is something the beach has never seen. This place is a true nightclub with outdoor decks, 2 outdoor bars and docking for boats. The docking is tricky for larger boats though, but the crowd is wild. I can see this place being off the hooh on weekends when they bring in the live bands.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Wow! The Hollyrock sounds pretty cool! I'll be checking it out on the Sonic Friday afternoon for lunch! Looking forward to pulling up to an establishment that has a dock in Sylvan Beach !Thanks for the info!

Pete

·
Registered
10,224 Posts
26sonicmotion said:
Wow! The Hollyrock sounds pretty cool! I'll be checking it out on the Sonic Friday afternoon for lunch! Looking forward to pulling up to an establishment that has a dock in Sylvan Beach !Thanks for the info!

Pete
Make sure you go around the island to the right to enter. Going straight in is shallow. Just silt but alot of boats have gone straight in and have bottomed out.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Andretti 502 said:
Make sure you go around the island to the right to enter. Going straight in is shallow. Just silt but alot of boats have gone straight in and have bottomed out.
Thanks for the heads up! Much appreciated. BTW... Have the docks always been there? Never been over to that side.

Pete

·
Registered
9 Posts
Calypso Cay is a great little spot on the western outlet of Onieda. The drawback is limited dock space. The solution is to tie up at the Waterfront and walk across the street.

Julius!!

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Yeah drove by Calypso Cay Saturday and it was packed. Looks like a cool place from the water. Nice to have another option on that end of the lake.

I'd have to say the lake is looking good this year. Two new bars on opposite ends of the lake with the Old Boathouse in between that are boater friendly, thats always a good thing. :winker:

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
I have personally check out both in some free time and can say they are both a great addition to our lake, I didn't make it by boat so I can't speak for water depth or anything but I don't see why either place should have any issues, It will be nice to have a place for myself to go by boat in free time.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
You guys are fortunate that you have restaurants opening, here on Lake St Clair in Michigan we have had 4 close in the last couple of years. Two are just empty buildings.

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
JuliusShark said:
Calypso Cay is a great little spot on the western outlet of Onieda. The drawback is limited dock space. The solution is to tie up at the Waterfront and walk across the street.

Julius!!
Looks like you like syracuse.com, nice I can't wait to meet you.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Gary Gray's Birthday Patry at Boathouse

IF ANYONE HAS PICTURES THAT WERE TAKEN AT GARY'S PARTY FEATURNING JP SHAGGY AT TOB LAST SATURDAY 7/12, COULD YOU PLEASE POST THEM??

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Re: Gary Gray's Birthday Patry at Boathouse

yellow donzi 33 said:
IF ANYONE HAS PICTURES THAT WERE TAKEN AT GARY'S PARTY FEATURNING JP SHAGGY AT TOB LAST SATURDAY 7/12, COULD YOU PLEASE POST THEM??
I have some and will post them or even burn to a disc for you if you would like.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts